The Next President of the United States: IV

…Hillary will never become President of the United States.

Comey explained his decision as adhering to precedent - yes, you can commit a crime for an act of gross negligence under the statute, but no, no one has ever brought a case under that scenario, only when there was intentional wrongdoing.

Ok, I don’t think that is a valid explanation, particularly under the circumstances (we’re talking about America’s top diplomat, not some low level flunkie - the standard should be higher the higher up the chain you go due to the ever increasing importance and sensitivity of those communications), but in any event, prosecutorial discretion belongs with the prosecutor - here, DOJ - not the factfinder and recommender of charges based on evidence.

General Lynch got the heat shield she wanted and the protection from the questions that would have been raised about her meeting with B. Clinton had she been given charges and elected not to prosecute.

I don’t think Comey was roped into any deals or shenanigans.

But I still think his editorializing will do some real damage. And it should. Who in their right mind would want a commander in chief with this track record of incompetence on national security, a record that even Democrats are now forced to concede is bad after Comey’s comments? The man Democrats have now hailed as having unimpeachable integrity has found Clinton’s judgment to be galactically bad - not mediocre, but horrendous.

And just imagine where the GOP would be had they run a reasonable candidate instead of a reality-TV star who couldn’t even pass the civics test we require of the very immigrants he hates.

I’ve never been more sure that I am voting third party/person on the ballot for President this year.

3 Likes

Agreed. Unique opportunity, completely squandered. The GOP - institutionally, as a vehicle to practice politics - is simply dumb as a bag of hair.

1 Like

How deep does the rot of this corruption reach? The Director of the FBI now, which is to say, the FBI itself, is working as an active colluder in protecting a treasonous pseudologue who will most likely become the next President of the US. But it doesn’t even matter. That’s the scary part. They don’t even care anymore, because NOTHING will happen to them.

3 Likes

The old saw about caught in a hotel room with a dead hooker or a live boy comes to mind.

I disagree with this…Comey made a really bad decision, but I don’t see that he was colluding or “playing politics” in the sense that he was taking or responding to direction, or cutting deals. I just think this is like that blown MLB “no-hitter” call from a couple years ago that lead directly to instant replay being used in baseball. It is a huge and obvious miss.

Fair and equal treatment under the law is not applied to the aristocracy of the USG. There is no way a commoner or serf would have escaped indictment over the allegations. I have had a Top Secret Security Clearance for the past 15 years, did you know that under USG rules: a bankruptcy, high credit credit debt, domestic violence conviction, dishonorable discharge, repeated termination from employment, etc, are all grounds for disqualification? Lets not even start on your social media posts, such as pictures of you guzzling a bottle of booze or wearing a pair of panties on your head.

Getting through your first investigation starts with your grade school years to present date, usually takes about 9 months if OPM starts immediately. If I sent ONE classified Email over a unsecured server, I would be fired, stripped of my TS/SCI and probably prosecuted, because you really do have to sign those nasty little federal forms about treason aganist the USG.

So us serfs will rot in prison while the Duke’s and Duchesses’ dance on the floor of the palace, sipping wine while the rest of the nation tolls in the dirt. The smell of rotting flesh is reeking here.

For those of you in the field of law or do criminal investiagtions, and me being a little federal serf, based on this serf’s experience, I have a question:

Why was this case not brought before a Federal Grand Jury? Why was due process ignored here? Hell, I have testified before more grand juires than I can remember and the grand jury decided on a true bill or not. I tell you why it wasn’t, you couldn’t control the outcome. Trey Gowdy is a former prosecutor, why did he not ask this question? us serfs would like to know.

2 Likes
1 Like

I don’t know man. Did you watch that Trey Gowdy video? It looked to me like that was a whole lot less of a bad decision being made than a decision to do something bad.

The director of the FBI, much less some pro bono DA, should never be faced with such a glaring, incisive exposure of the “mistake” they made, after the fact. It should never reach that point in competent hands. Not something this obvious. I’m having real trouble believing that there wasn’t some other darker motive behind this.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/06/09/hillary_clinton_we_came_out_of_the_white_house_dead_broke.html

What about “being broke” ? Since you mentioned high credit card debt as a disqualifier, would being “dead broke” also count ?

This woman’s pathology is so deep, not even Wolverine could heal from it.

1 Like

Extremely interesting discussion involving “grave concerns” in the Clinton case.

1 Like

My answer was “no” since I dont have much money myself, but, I checked with the security division of DoS, which is responsibile for vertifying you level of clearance for your security badges. He looked up the regulations and “being broke” is not on there, however, misusing your clearance for “handling” classified material is, so, unless you are a member of USA aristocracy, you would never get another clearance. Clinton on the other hand, doesnt have to worry about little shit like that.

1 Like

My comment was not aimed at your personal finances, I was trying to point out how a woman who is running for the Prezzy,who once had millions goes on to then claim to be dead broke.

1 Like

Are there countries in the world that don’t try their elites in court differently from the common man?

The only example that comes to mind would be Iceland which threw it’s bankers in prison after the financial collapse of 2008, a country of a few hundred thousand.

Sadly, this isn’t a US specific problem.

From the little I know about Pence he seems like a good choice. Trump made a solid decision, for once…

1 Like

It appears Trump is going more after the Republican base than trying to win over middle of the road voters. Pence’s social stances and religion before policy attitude turn me off from him, but having somebody with actual governing experience is a good change for this race. Hey, who knows, maybe we’ll start talking about policy and issues (joking of course, we all know Trump won’t do that).

Lol, ya I doubt we’re going to get policy anytime soon.

I’m not a big fan of some of Pence’s social stances either; although, I’m down with his stance on abortion that is for sure.

Does Pence being on the ticket change your thoughts towards who you will vote for?

For me, it does not. Trump is Trump.

Nope. VP picks don’t do a whole lot for me. They’re mostly strategic choices, imo, anyway.

So Pence is vehemently pro-free trade (and pro-TPP specifically) and has tweeted that Trump’s Muslim ban is un-American and unconstitutional.

How is this going to play out?