The Next President of the United States: IV

Maybe, but as Sloth says most Hillary-over-Trump types are already leaning that way, and were already shrugging about it going “its no big deal guys. It’s just a security probe”. Independent types maybe not, but almost all Hillary supporters or “almost there” possible HRC voters don’t care and haven’t for a while.

The responses mostly speaking for themselves. A justice system for you, a different one for me. Definitely leaves me wondering what the poor, the minority, and the unknown joe experience with the justice system…

See this is what I believe, but I’m not a lawyer. I was reading some articles on this the other day and one of them mentioned that the legalese for “gross negligence” carries a higher bar than everybody making noise about this thinks. Therefore HRC was unlikely to meet the bar and thus prosecution was unlikely from the outset. I can’t find it right now but it seemed…plausible and yet also not right. I was very curious what you would make of this because you’re a lawyer and much more apt to know the actual legal precedent.

Fraud is not low level nonsense. Its shady business and something Trump is associated with. Clinton has nothing to do with that fact, and her flaws do not give him a pass.

1 Like

That Private in the Army versus Hillary Clinton contrast…

You 'aint convincing me the Private would be looking at a promotion (or even still serving at all)…

1 Like

Yes, it seems that there was one body of script with perhaps two different endings depending on…some sort of prior communication. As I said earlier something doesn’t smell right. I was not going to go down this road as I assumed like most that FBI Director Comey was a straight shooter. But from his own words and testimony before Congress it just doesn’t add up.

I don’t doubt that currently. But those who have not been paying attention will most certainly know what has been going on by November. So, I agree with both you and Sloth that the strong Hillary voters couldn’t care less. But, those on the fence, and certainly the independence who despise this sort of chicanery will either stay home, vote for a third party candidate or even vote for Trump. This investigation, the way Comey set it up and then bailed looks very bad for Hillary.

1 Like

If an average man were to compare Hillary’s crimes vs. what Trump has done…or said I’m sure he would say that there is no comparison.

Some might even say that potentially leaking our country’s most top secret information to say China is probably a whole lot more serious.

Theft, which is what fraud amounts to, is something your average person understands. Perjury and national security, not so much.

They are both garbage. It’s like choosing which layer of hell you’d prefer to spend the next 4 years in.

1 Like

facepalm Lets go through this again… nothing Hillary does gives Trump a pass. Nothing Trump does gives Hillary a pass. I wasn’t comparing them, I was showing yet another case of Trump being fraudulent. I know you have a “BUT HILLARY DID WORSE” reflex, but they’re both shit.

Holeee shit. Comey looked like he wanted to dig a hole and crawl into it.

I hope he cut a hell of a deal to be the fall guy.

1 Like

What you are saying in essence is that voters are not allowed to compare the two major party candidates and that is incredibly foolish. And actually comical…

As for the comparison…you are whining about someone stealing your car with someone who just kidnapped your wife and kids…yes they’re both bad but one is significantly worse

Honestly USMC I have never seen an election where both parties have put up their absolute worst candidates.

2 Likes

I’m still confused as to what went on we may never know. But I do know that he has to look at himself in the mirror at the end of the day. And he knows…he absolutely knows that Hillary should have been indicted.

One interesting point regarding the Comey hearing today. He refused to say a word about the Clinton Foundation investigation, or even to acknowledge it. Giving him the benefit of the doubt I am wondering if he gave Hillary a huge pass on the email investigation only to soon recommend an indictment regarding the Clinton Foundation investigation. Then anyone questioning his recommendation would certainly not call him bias.

Just a thought as I try to figure out why he gave her a free pass…

This is actually what I see happening. It has certainly been the case on my facebook feed, which of course is a small sample size but i think it may be indicative of the larger national opinion.

1 Like

Eh…maybe. But, I’m not sure it matters. As long as a really good political ad can be crafted to point out what a liar she is that will take care of the problem. Everyone knows what the word “liar” means. And it also seems it plays into the larger picture of people being fed up with Washington corruption.

1 Like

I would have said it was a sure grand slam if the GoP nominee was anyone else. I honestly don’t think it will work with him…

1 Like

Maybe not but you forgot one thing…