The Next President of the United States: IV

I don’t see numbers. I see a 60% figure referenced by Amnesty Internation. I would like to see how they or whoever arrived at that figure.

Statistics are manipulated all the time.

Still haven’t seen a source on this claim either.

Edit: So, is the WaPo a good source now or no?

I’ll bite, what else could it possibly be?

Poor judgment. I think Comey’s mistake is in the notion that no prosecutor would try this case. I have yet to hear a decent argument explain the difference between gross negligence and extreme carelessness and that to me says a jury should decide this matter.

I obviously don’t know the man, but I have a hard time believing a guy who’s first job was to work for a judge appointed by GHWB, was a GWB appointee, and a registered Republican would roll over for Democrats.

1 Like

Agree, usmc.

Comey appears to be a man who would resign before he would accept a phony, politically motivated decision for: 1) someone who is not his Boss 2) for his Boss that will soon be out of office and 3) for someone (Clinton), that based on his Politics, is someone he would not support.

It’s also important to remember that Comey has deep respect from both sides of the aisle.

Trump simply doesn’t have much to base his rantings on.

2 Likes

Agreed. He should focus on her gross incompetence and poor judgement, not this narrative that she’s above the law or whatever.

Poor judgement, calling out poor judgement. Clinton, Comey just a couple of incompetents.

For some reason, I am not buying that.

I didn’t say Comey is incompetent, I think deciding to be the final arbiter of this case while admitting Clinton was extremely careless with classified data is bad judgement on his part. He should have put it on, Lynch.

I don’t believe a more plausible explanation is that a life long republican, that made his name under two different Bush’s, and a guy that was willing to resign over a dispute on NSA spying during GWB’s Presidency was bought by the Clintons. You; however, are free to buy whatever you’d like.

Clinton, on the other hand, is incompetent and every single one of these scandals proves that. Benghazi = incompetent and a liar. Email server = incompetent and a liar.

She’s garbage.

Ultimately the Country will survive Trump or Clinton…

Since 2009 the FBI has charged 57 people for the exact things that Comey said on tape Clinton did.

They were given very large fines and in many cases, jail time.

The Clinton’s…once again, above the law. Oh yea, anybody remember who was on the Whitewater defense team back in the day? Loretta Lynch.

2 Likes

I don’t know, UL.

These types of cases tend to be VERY complex with hundreds and hundreds of pages of deposition, testimony, evidence, etc.

It’s doubtful to me that any one person…certainly not a reporter…went through 57 of this cases…and found them to “exactly” the same.

Those cases involved lying in front of a grand jury…Clinton did exactly that.

Those cases involved sending classified information on an unsecured server…Clinton did exactly that.

The Director said they found evidence she did those things.

What’s complex is…you charge Clinton and somehow lose, you’re done.

Or you die in an unexpected manner.

Prepare to kneel before Zod.

2 Likes

I’m far from being a Clinton defender…

But it’s my opinion that there cases are not all “the same”. (As we found out when people looked closely at the differences between Clinton’s Case and the case of Petraeus that Trump was attempting…badly…to compare…)

How does Comey benefit from not recommending indictment? All I can think of are negative consequences.

1 Like

Surely they are not all the same. However, it is a fact that Clinton did these things. As far as I am concerned, rule of law means rule of law. If it was good enough for the highest ranking general (I believe) at the time, a man I have infinitely more trust and reason to trust than Hillary, it’s good for her too. I am not surprised at the lack of indictment at all–I did not think the odds were good for an indictment. However I am disappointed as the things she has done are facts.

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse as most lawyers can tell you. Not ‘intending’ to do something bad is not an excuse–that’s why we have things like involuntary manslaughter. Mitigating circumstances yes, excuses to escape all punishment no. Now I have rather different opinions on some of those legal matters, but while they remain our ‘law of the land’ they SHOULD apply to everyone. Good enough for a 4 star general and CIA director? Damned good enough for the civilian head of State Dept and one of the 4 highest ranking (informally) positions in the cabinet.

1 Like

Since the server issue is now settled (ARGHHHH!!!) - I can somewhat follow the logic of going after the server would bring down the entire Administration due to their complicity of prior knowledge.

Do you think the Clinton Foundation issue will also get a free pass from the FBI?
That crooked Foundation is their baby alone and it looks to smell to high Heaven with improper donations and activities.

What is your reasoning, since both Push and Zeb professed to have voted for someone other than Trump in the primary?

Comey benefits by not mysteriously dying in a freak accident.

4 Likes

Or having some deep dark secret exposed.

1 Like

On clinton we are in agreement.

Comey should have been salivating at the chance to recommend charges against clinton, Maybe dear leader has something on him.