The Next President of the United States: III

Not only did she win a bunch by a coin toss; apparently, she won all of the contested precincts via coin toss. I read the odds of that happening are less than 2%.

Someone should check that coin, heads Hillary wins, tails Bernie loses. I would go to Vegas with that coin.

Question to throw out to you, Push.

I think Cruz and Ryan could make for a powerful combination…but Cruz has one heck of an uphill battle.

How tough do you think that it will be for him to beat BOTH the Dems AND the “GOP Establishment” who seem to slowly but surely be dropping Jeb faster than a bad Prom Date and aligning behind Rubio?

My money is on Rubio ultimately being the nominee. He just doesn’t make as many waves as Cruz. I’m not saying that’s good or bad, it just is.

I also predict Kasich shakes things up with a strong showing in New Hampshire. My guess is he’ll be the last governor standing.

Cruz is going to take a beating from all side now especially in light of the Carson situation.

Personally, I’m still undecided; except, I’d like to see Kasich on the ticket. Rubio / Kasich maybe. Cruz / Kasich maybe. I’m not sold on Rubio or Cruz though.

Cruz might have pursued his positions aggressively, but that doesn’t mean he accomplished anything. I’ll have to dig up the article but I think he’s only had one piece of legislation actually put into law. He has only been in the senate for 2 years, so he hasn’t had a long time, but he is far from someone I would label as a person who got things done. From what I’ve heard/read, everything Cruz did was to further his career, which he has done very well.

I agree. I think Christie still has a chance of hanging around but I don’t see that from Jeb. He has spent a lot of money and continues to get no traction.

(Just to clarify…I am talking about Cruz as President and Ryan as Speaker…)

Even though there is a long way to go…the money and the GOP seem to be aligning behind Rubio.

In terms of the Vice…American Politics has shown this to be a Strategic Move related to getting the President elected…and that goes further back than just modern (20th/21st Century) elections.

Zeb has pointed out more than once that Kasich would be a good strategic move by any nominee.

Jeb could have cured cancer while creating 5MM jobs in Florida and he still wouldn’t have any traction. It’s pretty crazy how much his last name has hindered him.

I understand the strategic value angle. I hate to say this because I’m sure it will get some groans, but Kasich as VP is very much like a Cheney VP. You get a lot of experience that can be used to guide a younger, perhaps more talented, politician like Rubio especially early on. I think that helps things actually get done.

Agree USMC…

There is this romantic idea that the VP is chosen as a person who could “step-in and lead the Nation” should something happen to the President. While that MAY be a consideration…it probably ranks just ahead of his (or her) favorite Netflix show and slightly behind his or her favorite Chinese dish in importance.

The Vice pick is about getting over that last hurdle to the Presidency.

Rand Paul dropped out. This time next week the field should really start narrowing down as some people are holding on until NH.

Really?..

It will be interesting to see how long Jeb holds out.

I think money and Pride is keeping him in the race at this point.

usmccds423

“Not only did she win a bunch by a coin toss; apparently, she won all of the contested precincts via coin toss. I read the odds of that happening are less than 2%”

Gee…you don’t think that the Clintons would do anything underhanded to win a political race do you?

I thought only conservative bought elections…

I don’t see the evil Kock brothers anywhere.

I don’t think it’s as much a name problem (but I agree it has not helped) as it is a candidate problem. Jeb is offering up things that people don’t really want to hear. In a year where people are rejecting long resumes and years of experience,( which is only one of Hillary Clinton’s problems), Bush offers up a long resume which impresses no one. That in addition to his lackluster debate performances. Trump made him look like a school kid who just had his lunch money stolen and then typed him as “Jeb the low energy guy”. He just needs to go away not because of his name as much as who he is.

In addition to that he comes off as this aristocratic child of privilege in speech and actions. He is forgetting that you must speak to the American electorate as you would speak to a 10 year old… I am not putting down American voters as much as I am stating that most don’t want to have to think too deeply while watching their evening TV. If they don’t know what a certain word means right away for example it makes them feel inferior and they turn away from candidates who do such things. By the way that is one reason for Trumps success thus far he is very plain talking. Of course that is not by design that is who he is.

One more thing on Jeb Bush, he will not do well in New Hampshire. But since he has a lot of money that very stupid rich people gave him he will march on like the good soldier that he is.