The Next President of the United States: III

So you can use his words but he can’t?
You seem kinda butthurt. Go raise a few million for the charity of your choice or somethingsomething.:statue_of_liberty:

The Megyn Kelly thing is a cover story, I believe Trump missed the debate to avoid the land mines that Cruz ran into during the debate. Even if that’s true, he shouldn’t be running away. What will Trump do if/when Putin or that goof from North Korea mistreats him ? Whine like a bitch ?

Well said, I think your analysis is more spot on than the beard scratching know-nothings who live in the bubble. The Trumpster and the Bern have changed the game, the other candidates who are asterisks in their poll numbers have not listened and have not evolved.

We should learn a good deal today.

Any predictions? Any big upsets in Iowa or New Hampshire?

There is NO QUESTION that we should learn a great deal, USMC.

I just don’t see any stopping Trump if he wins.

What I’m most curious to see is if his popularity actually translates into Votes.

The same with Bernie on the DEM side. The problem with Bernie is that I don’t see any “momentum” for him even if he wins in Iowa and New Hampshire. Hillary has too much of a commanding lead among African-American and Latino voters. Young, white Liberals will carry Bernie only so far before he hits a wall.

This is where I’m at. I’m not convinced the crowds or poll numbers for these two, especially Trump, will translate into votes. My feeling is that a lot of their supporters support them because it’s the in thing to do, but going out and caucusing and actually voting is and will never be cool.

It’s the “in thing” to support Trump?

LOL

That’s exactly what it is. It certainly isn’t because ol flippityflops principles.

The bulk of Trump supporters are angry white males. It is a direct reaction to 7 years of Obama playing the race card, wrecking the economy and making us look like fools abroad. As for Trump most of us know he is not the best choice for President and we also know that it is certainly not the “in thing” to support him. In fact, many have been laughed at when they say they support Trump. That’s why his negatives surpass even the queen of mean Hillary Clintons. By the way it’s not the “in thing” to support her either just in case you are paying attention to the democratic race.

If you’re angry, white, and male the “in thing” to do is support Trump. This demographic, in general, hasn’t vetted their candidate for this precise reason.

I’m not going to argue about it, it’s extremely obvious. Just like if you’re a white male liberal the in thing to do is support Sanders.

Go on Breitbart’s comments section and type, “Donald Trump will be a terrible president because he’s really a liberal.” See what the response is.

It’s not just Obama playing the race card, you also have Liberals, feminists, SJW’s, and pretentious millennial vegan fuck-heads who have demonized the white male. I am supposed to sit back and let someone blame things like slavery on me because of my skin color ? And these people thought I would just sit here and take it, as if I ever knew, bought, sold, or transported a slave in my lifetime ?

This Trumpification has been brewing for at least a decade now, and the establishment GOP is just as much to blame, because this group of angry whitey has been neglected and insulted for some time now. Do I blame Trump for tapping into this electorate (yes I said electorate because angry white folk vote too) ? Nope, not at all.

Rather than have the asterisk candidates (the guys polling equal to or lower than Charles Manson would poll at) insult and call names at Trump supporters, they should listen to their concerns and tap into that voting bloc. Stop the whining and examine why Trump is resonating with these people, then modify your own campaign to attract those voters.

I mean, that’s pretty funny.

The thing I’d like to see is rather than change their campaign, they should change the way politics is done. Instead of playing leverage games, favors, and porking up every bill or act that comes across the desk, they could do something for the citizens of this country.
Changing their campaign just to appeal to a crowd that is already tired of politics as usual is just more politics as usual.

Yeah, if only the economy were in as good shape today as it was on 20 January 2009, the GOP wouldn’t be following this anthropomorphized pork shoulder into the meat grinder. Wait.

For me; it really is hard to make any long-term predictions based on last nights results.

It just “feels” like Trump coming in first OR a solid second was going to be a “win” for him. Cruz had DEFINITELY put in the time and work needed for a Caucus win; but I think that him saying that “America has spoken” was a bit of an overreach.

As for the DEMS; not a knockout punch by Hillary…but the question is, did she really need one? She is now going into States much more friendly for her and not as dependent on a strong “ground game” like the Caucus in Iowa.

What last night did (IMO) was call into question the direction that Rubio and Jeb need to take (I think Carson came ahead of Jeb). I think Rubio still has a chance; but it seems like Jeb is on serious Life Support, being kept alive by money.

Thoughts?

Agreed. Pretty much everyone was saying it would be Cruz, Rubio, and Trump as top three. They just weren’t sure what order. I was surprised at Carson’s finish. I had thought he’d dropped more than that. Paul getting a delegate was a bit of a surprise too.

Hillary’s gonna lose in New Hampshire, but after that, I just don’t see Bernie doing much; although, I’m surprised he did so well in Iowa to be honest.

From all indications…a Caucus State like Iowa is very dependent on the truly committed…those willing to wake up early, and get home late…to walk door-to-door…to put up the flyers…stand in the supermarket parking lots…you get the idea. Bernie has that kind of committed followers. While all candidates have to have those kinds of supporters to a degree; it’s doubly important in a Caucus state like Iowa.

Being a Senator from Vermont, he will probably show well in New Hampshire; but his path to the nomination gets murky beyond that.

1 Like

usmccds423 said:

“If you’re angry, white, and male the “in thing” to do is support Trump. This demographic, in general, hasn’t vetted their candidate for this precise reason.”

But that’s not what you said in your original post. You said it was “the in thing” to support Trump. When you qualify it with angry white males now you are making sense and I agree with you.

“I’m not going to argue about it, it’s extremely obvious. Just like if you’re a white male liberal the in thing to do is support Sanders.”

You don’t have to argue about it, you simply misstated your position no problem. You have now qualified it and you are now correct. As for Bernie Sanders I think you are partially correct. By that statement you are assuming that young liberal females are supporting Hillary in great numbers and I don’t think they are. One more point, I think it’s more “young white liberals” who support Sanders just to be accurate.

“Go on Breitbart’s comments section and type, “Donald Trump will be a terrible president because he’s really a liberal.” See what the response is.”

I like Brietbart, but as I said many months ago I don’t believe that Donald Trump will be the eventual nominee. I support Marco Rubio and he almost pulled off the upset of the year by coming within one-thousand votes or so of beating Trump.

I think the Trump inevitability factor is now gone. If either Cruz (whom I like) or Rubio wins New Hampshire Trump’s momentum which has already been dulled will be gone.