The Next President of the United States: III

Ha ha great article and spot on. My favorite line:

“Trump’s supporters are now like roaring drunks in a bar fight, people who you might have tried to reason with five drinks earlier.”

But as I have always said…I would vote for a Cocker spaniel if it meant keeping Hillary from the White House.

We don’t need Clinton corruption.

1 Like

Hmmmm

I think Fiorina is an interesting choice…

And a solid one, (I think), for Cruz.

Smart Hail Mary (pun? intended) attempt to stop Trump from 1237.

Not sure how Trump can trump this as easily he trumped Cruz/Kasich. Cruz’ team seems to have borrowed a page from Trump’s playbook, trying to stem the “inevitable-ness” of a Trump nomination post Northeast steamroller victories.

Wasn’t Fiorina the candidate you had a soft spot for, Mufasa?

It all comes down to Indiana. That is an absolute must win state for Cruz. So if choosing a VP this early, which is unprecedented, helps him win Indiana then it was a good move. If it doesn’t help and he loses Indiana it doesn’t really matter anyway because Trump will march on to victory.

Legalsteel:

Her initial debates were stellar.

What left people scratching their heads is that she was suddenly taken from the “Kids Table” and was invited to eat with the adults…

Then “poof”…no C. Fiorina.

Somehow she just didn’t…or couldn’t (I’m not sure which)…capitalize on those strong initial debates.

Side note: Did anybody listen to the difference between Fiorina and Cruz speaking yesterday?

Cruz is so awkward. Long pauses and robotic. Fiorina is 10x the speaker.

I think she’s 10x the leader, at least in terms of vision, than anyone else running. Her shortcoming, from what I’ve read, is in executing said vision.

1 Like

If memory serves she received as little debate time as Carson except that she was willing to interrupt (which I think put people off).

I still think she was one of the better choices this cycle.

This is a foolish choice by Cruz, he hasn’t won anything yet, and Carly is not well liked overall. This might be to appeal to women voters, but overall I see her more as holding a cabinet position than as a VP pick.

I assume it was planned to mitigate Tuesday’s losses in terms of media coverage.

Another point.

Time will tell…but I don’t know how much I buy completely into the idea of these millions of Conservative voters staying home if Trump is the nominee.

For many; seeing and listening to Hillary is like fingernails on a chalkboard (do those even still exist?).

Many may hold their nose and say a Prayer before they tap the screen…but I don’t buy millions staying home.

I for one will stay home. I won’t play any part in legitimizing Trumpism as a winning force. Send the message loud and clear, “send us another one of these guys and you’ll lose, again and again if need be.”

Bingo. For reasons liked and unliked, he is getting people off their rusty dusty and to the voting booth. I would add that, this is happening while being attacked by Democrats, Republicans, Independents, the entire media, and Hollywood.

Don’t ignore the fact that one of the main reasons people are still turning out is the race isn’t over.

At this point in the race McCain, Romney, and Bush were already the nominee so there wasn’t any need for people to turn out in states that vote late in the primary.

This is not an indication of anything that will happen in November.

Edit: Added quote and spelling fix

No doubt some will stay home…(that always happens).

I just don’t see it happening in large numbers.

I’ll be writing General Mattis in.

1 Like

Do people see Fiorina as a good leader, or as a job exporter?

It’s been awhile, but I remember the other candidates talking about how many people she fired.

She’s definetly smart and eloquent, I remember she had a few snappy lines for Trump, during one of the debates.

We keep hearing about jobs going over seas. With Indiana in the spot light, everybody knows about Carrier leaving the State. Was this a bad move for Cruz?