The Next President of the United States: III

In this case? No, the institutional restraints were put there by the Founders. A President Cruz wouldn’t get “constitutional conservative”* legislation sent to him because of the way power is divided and interests represented.

The other restraints are the results of practical politics, but that doesn’t mean they’re necessarily always bad. It means a party is trying to actually keep a hard-won majority rather than throw it away.

*I think I’m going to replace “constitutional conservative” with “radical nostalgic”. I think that is a more accurate label.

I hearted this post - not because it’s true, but because of its comic value.

*I think I’m going to replace “constitutional conservative” with “radical nostalgic”. I think that is a more accurate label.

Amen…Cruz is an ideological zealot.

No we don’t.

There is nothing wrong with being a moderate and having different views than the right or left wing. Everybody who disagrees with you or thinks differently is not evil or crazy.

1 Like

Yeah, there are institutional restraints - such legislation would have to pass two house who are engineered to produce compromise and moderation unless there overwhelming majorities. The abolition of the DOE - and more importantly, the abolition of the federal laws it helps administer - would be a heavy lift that will snarl up in a country that is split roughly half and half.

Precisely as the Founders intended.

Change is intentionally designed to be conservative - for those who actually remembers what that term means.

Agree!

(Need plenty of characters)

Interesting. Hard to think Ted doesn’t share some of his moonbat father’s views on the idiotic “dominionism” philosophy. If he becomes the nominee, he’ll be asked point blank about it. (It’d be great to learn about it now, but people will keep their powder dry on it.)

In any event, when the dominionists do this great wealth transfer from the wicked to the righteous, Cruz will be headed to the poor house (since the the source of his wealth is a wife at Goldman Sachs). Pity Ted.

And you raise a great point for me: I’m not sure I want someone from as wacky a family as this near the levers of power. Why can’t we simply get normal people?

It will be VERY interesting to see how the Right spins the influence of a PARENT on Cruz; especially when we look at the complex web of activist, authors, preachers, and associates that were used to define the President.

In the end; my guess is that Cruz’s most fervent supporters agree with his Father’s views.

Agreed. They won’t admit it in mixed company, but I think there is lots if agreement and support on that philosophy, even if they aren’t outright “dominionists”.

One huge drawback to our system is that passing a law, enacting an executive order, or expanding the administration / bureaucracy is multiples easier than scaling back or rescinding. Knocking a fridge on it’s back versus standing it back upright.

I wouldn’t worry about me getting out enough. But no, these dominionists weirdoes are not normal people, and we don’t need to elect one.