The Next Emenim?

That’s what their saying about Asher Roth

In what way? Because he is white?

I like the guy from potluck alot. He has serious skills as a fast rapper.

I don’t think it’s because he’s white, just because EM set the bar so high

Oh. Well I just listened to some of Asher Roth’s stuff on youtube and let me say I am impressed. He has some sick rhymes!

[quote]elano wrote:

[/quote]

No, actually Asher sounds a lot like Em. If you hear his stuff without knowing who it is you’ll wonder why Em is rapping with a weird flow.

[quote]Kensei wrote:
elano wrote:

No, actually Asher sounds a lot like Em. If you hear his stuff without knowing who it is you’ll wonder why Em is rapping with a weird flow. [/quote]

Yeah, I apologize. I jumped the gun. He does sound kinda like eminem. I pulled the “because he’s white” card too soon. Sorry.

[quote]elano wrote:
Oh. Well I just listened to some of Asher Roth’s stuff on youtube and let me say I am impressed. He has some sick rhymes![/quote]

Yeah, but he wouldn’t be anywhere near as good if he wasn’t taking AAS. I wish it were possible the rap like that naturally.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
elano wrote:
Oh. Well I just listened to some of Asher Roth’s stuff on youtube and let me say I am impressed. He has some sick rhymes!

Yeah, but he wouldn’t be anywhere near as good if he wasn’t taking AAS. I wish it were possible the rap like that naturally.[/quote]

LOL!!

His flow is A LOT different than Eminem’s, but his voice is similar.

This is actually decent. Not Em’s level though.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

Yeah, but he wouldn’t be anywhere near as good if he wasn’t taking AAS. I wish it were possible the rap like that naturally.[/quote]

Damnit! People like you think a person can just take AAS and turn into Twista overnight. “Oh well, I don’t want to rap TOO good and end up sounding like Tupac.” No amount of drugs, training, or food will make you sound like Biggie or Eminem! He worked hard for those skills and you’re just saying that to bring him down because you know you’re rhymes are whack!

hahaha ‘whack’ I love it when people say that “yo man dat shit iz whack!”

but yeah the dude sounds quite similar to eminem I guess

[quote]Subliminal-Steve wrote:

but yeah the dude sounds quite similar to eminem I guess[/quote]

How is that a good thing? Unless I was being compared to someone that was a great artist from a long time back…like James Brown or someone of that caliber, being told you sound just like someone who is still a significant artist is not a compliment.

I haven’t heard the song though so he may have talent. But being known as “the guy who sounds like…” can’t be good in the long run.

Dude isn’t a tenth as talented as Em. Not even in the same universe.

Not even close. He is shit in comparison to Eminem.

listened to that song and think its simply horrible

“im untouchable sittin in the range, so comfortable, nothin on my feet, got some weed that im puffin on”

yeahhhh his voice may sound like eminem but his rhymes do NOT.

ok so listened to a few of his other songs and am still not impressed.

but then again, eminem’s first hit was a song that went “hi, my name is, who…”

I never said that it was a good thing, I just agreed that he sounds similar to eminem

I;m not that much of a fan of rap anyway but he’s alright, know what you mean though about not having your own sound and just being a copycat act, it’s just like piggybacking on somebody else’s fame

he sounds like Eminem because they have a similar voice, flow, and content.

“you know the worlds gone mad
when blacks wear plaid
and mariah married nick CANNON
and a boy from the burbs
has the nerves to converge
with dj CANNON”

dude, hes definately the next Eminem

“If Jason Bourne were to combine
with Zack Morris they would be my performance”

lmfao

this guy is fucking awesome

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Subliminal-Steve wrote:

but yeah the dude sounds quite similar to eminem I guess

How is that a good thing? Unless I was being compared to someone that was a great artist from a long time back…like James Brown or someone of that caliber, being told you sound just like someone who is still a significant artist is not a compliment.

I haven’t heard the song though so he may have talent. But being known as “the guy who sounds like…” can’t be good in the long run.[/quote]

I don’t get that either. How is he the next Eminem, when Eminem hasn’t left yet? Doesn’t Em have an new album coming out soon?

Besides that, most of these songs are garbage. I did like Roth Boys, though.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Besides that, most of these songs are garbage. I did like Roth Boys, though.[/quote]

I wouldnt go as far as saying he’s garbage, but I wouldnt call him the next eminem. Not yet, at least.

I listened to a few of those songs while messing around online… I didnt hear anything worth writing home about, IMO.