The Next 1000 Pound Deadlift?

Whose it gonna be?

Benedikt Magnusson
970lb Deadlift

1100 Hummer Deadlift

Konstantinovs
948 Deadlift

Not that he’s as close, but I just saw that Kevin Nee Broke 900lbs

kevin nee has some skinny fucking calves in that video.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
kevin nee has some skinny fucking calves in that video.[/quote]

Note To Self: No Direct Calf Work!

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

Note To Self: No Direct Calf Work![/quote]

secret to a big deadlift? :slight_smile:

Not to take anything away from the guy, but the Kevin Knee one was with straps and alot of hitching.

His repping Arizona :smiley:

Go Kevin
he is what got me into lifting when I saw him on True life!

his hands haven’t caught up to his amazing strength

I love Magnusson’s pre lift dance. I’ve never seen a video of him not doing that. I bet he does that for his warm-ups in the gym.

My bet is on Benedikt Magnusson, he has done 992 in training.

The nxt 1000lb deadlift?.. Andy Bolton.

The nxt 1000lb deadlifter?.. Benny, if he is activley training for it.

That hummer deadlift dude jumps HIGH

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
kevin nee has some skinny fucking calves in that video.[/quote]

I know Kevin. He does have some small calves compared to his upper body but he actually does have decent sized quads and hamstrings.

Big calves do nothing for strength or sport.

[quote]AZStrongwoman wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

I know Kevin. He does have some small calves compared to his upper body but he actually does have decent sized quads and hamstrings.

Big calves do nothing for strength or sport.[/quote]

he does have pretty good thigh size. You’re right they are useless, but they look rediculous:).

I’m just the opposite, except I’m worse because I can’t deadlift 900 pounds. I have giant calves, and tiny forearms.

Calves are support and stabilization.

Muscle size means nothing in and of itself, but muscle strength is directly proportional to the cross sectional area of the actual muscle.

Now there are certainly other factors, alot of other factors.

But generally speaking a big muscle is stronger than a small muscle.

And strong calves are critical in both strength and sport.

You ever seen a guy squat 500 with chicken leg calves ? never happen, you need them for support.

[quote]Westclock wrote:

Muscle size means nothing in and of itself, but muscle strength is directly proportional to the cross sectional area of the actual muscle.

You ever seen a guy squat 500 with chicken leg calves ? never happen, you need them for support.[/quote]

Not to change the subject, but your wrong here. I’ve seen a vid of Nee box squat a number much bigger than 500 raw. They do look strange however.

Monopoly

my bet is on me, 10 years, raw 300+ pounds division :slight_smile:

Yeah his calves do look way disproportionate in the video. I sure wouldn’t say that to his face though. lol

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:
Westclock wrote:

You ever seen a guy squat 500 with chicken leg calves ? never happen, you need them for support.

Not to change the subject, but your wrong here. I’ve seen a vid of Nee box squat a number much bigger than 500 raw. They do look strange however.

Monopoly

[/quote]

You’re telling someone who obviously has lots of e-knowledge and can state the obvious in a complicated manner that he’s wrong?? GTFO and train your calves or you’ll never squat big!!! Lulz!

Konstantinovs has smallish calves as well, hes a very light man compared to bolton and the rest for such a high deadlift, Hanely are you being serious? lots of ppl dont train calves (or do like one exercise) and still squat big

Lol. Shit no. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm :wink:

k i thought we where gonna have to an internet fight! lol thanks for the fucking link to a wikipedia definition of sarcasm lol