The New HIT - Rep Tempo Revisions?

Andy and Barney are on multiple cable networks from MeTV to Sundance – if ever I need some relaxed humor that is sorely missing these days, that show is it.

1 Like

The entire Andy Griffith series was recently released on Blu-ray…I will be picking it up. Yes, these are very relaxing to watch especially in the evenings.

Not only relaxing but many of them are great stories. I hate to sound like an old timer, because I am one , but they don’t make shows like Andy Griffith with a good moral any more, especially the early ones when Opie was little.
Scott

1 Like

Cable systems now carry a number of channels devoted to classic TV shows of the past. MeTV and H&I Network (Heros and Icons) are two examples.

Watching those old shows is a great way to relive one’s youth, and also to be reminded of how much the world has changed (and not always for the better). Plus, you get to see actors playing parts before they became famous.

1 Like

I’ve been recording the old black and white shows on my TiVo or buying the many series on dvd . This Christmas Santa brought me season 3 and 4 of Lawman! It’s the only old black and white Western I know of only shown on Stars pay channels.
Scott

Each episode of Andy Griffin is supposed to have a lesson behind it

One of my fav shows is the twilight zone

Completely agree.

Twilight Zones are awesome…I own all of those.

FYI - the Sci-Fi channel usually has a 48 hour marathon of the better episodes starting on New years Eve!

1 Like

Thats what I do every new years eve…watch the twilight zone marathon

2 Likes

For Christmas we watched the Night of the Meek with Art Carney as Santa . Rod Serling said it was his favorite of all the Twilight Zones and the only one he would watch. I too love those episodes!
Scott

2 Likes