The New H.I.T

I?ve never really tired to train to failure. Never saw the point. Plus, I couldn?t be bothered. I was the ?stop at my specific set number? trainee. After reading what Chris had to say, and then ordering the book ?The New High Intensity? I decided to try and go to ?failure? on every other exercise.

I cannot believe how hard and painful it is. I have never before experienced such misery in the gym. The pain, burning, hot pain I feel as my muscles tell me to give up is something that I dread now every time I go to the gym (I train full body twice a week, Monday, Friday and Wednesday I do chin ups and push ups ? push ups to failure). I will continue to train this way until otherwise as I actually feel (for the first time) that I?m doing some good.

Does anyone else experience such misery, pain and throbbing when training to failure?

Wayne.

[quote]icklemoley wrote:
Does anyone else experience such misery, pain and throbbing when training to failure?
[/quote]
Absolutely! The worst I’ve ever experienced was from the 20-rep squat (super squat) program. Definately had to get psyched up on those days.