T Nation

The Mugshots Challenge (Pictures)

There’s a bar here called mugshots, where they have a challenge, if you eat their signature hamburger in under 12 min (including the pickle, fries, and everything on it) you get it for free. if not, it’s 20bucks and a stomachache.

so i decided to try it. they came out with a timer and everything.

reading it on the menu didn’t sound so bad, then i saw the SIZE of the patties. bleah.

came close…12 min later

loldiverticulitis

Good effort.

I’d hate to be sharing a bathroom with you tomorrow morning.

perfect for after setting a squat or deadlift pr

Last fall I tried this challenge where you try to eat this dish called the squealer, consisting of:

1/2 a chicken
A full rack of ribs
A pound of pulled pork
A pint of baked beans
A pint of mashed potatoes
Piece of Cornbread

You have an hour, can’t get up from the chair or anything.

I got through most of it, but the beans were just too much.

I live about 100 miles from The Big Texan Steak Ranch in Amarillo, TX.

If you can eat a 72oz. steak with all the trimmings in one hour, you get the steak for free.

Me and a coach friend of mine made a pact to go up there and us both order the steak - but he left for another position that summer.

I have since had braces put on my teeth, so there is no way in hell I could finish the steak in an hour.

Ugh. I have braces now, too, RJ. Every fucking thing gets stuck in them.

Cheeburger Cheeburger has it if you eat there 1+ pound burger you get your picture up on the wall. After a regatta my senior year about 20 of us went there. I think about 5 of us got the burger and finished it within about 10 minutes so we ordered a basket of fries/onion rings (we each ordered our own) and a milk shake.

Hate to think how many calories that meal was and people were starring at us asking how we could eat so much.

After rowing 2 5k races that day I was starving! I would love to have a go at the burger the OP posted!

Lol where in FL is that? I’ll be in South Beach for a week in June.

Actually, I go to UoAlabama right now, it’s a bar in downtown tuscaloosa.

That’s pretty awesome. Looks like a solid meal to say the least.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
Last fall I tried this challenge where you try to eat this dish called the squealer, consisting of:

1/2 a chicken
A full rack of ribs
A pound of pulled pork
A pint of baked beans
A pint of mashed potatoes
Piece of Cornbread

You have an hour, can’t get up from the chair or anything.

I got through most of it, but the beans were just too much. [/quote]

God, that looks like the most fucking awesome meal in the history of the world…

Seriousy, I just ate lunch and reading that made me hungry again.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I live about 100 miles from The Big Texan Steak Ranch in Amarillo, TX.

If you can eat a 72oz. steak with all the trimmings in one hour, you get the steak for free.

Me and a coach friend of mine made a pact to go up there and us both order the steak - but he left for another position that summer.

I have since had braces put on my teeth, so there is no way in hell I could finish the steak in an hour.

[/quote]

Wow i actually was there this summer driving through and was able to eat the whole thing in under hour. Needless to say we were driving to California and got delayed a bit the next day due to my bowel movements

Liquid 447, aboout how big is that burger weight wise?
It looks like it would weigh more than 1 pound.

I use to have the stomach to tolerate something like that, but not under 12mins…gimme a half hour maybe I could
then but not now.

haha man i don’t know exactly, easily over one pound though. those burger patties were THICK.

made a sweet poop the next day btw

I believe Skip LaCour is on the wall at Val’s hamburgers (local place) for eating 4 ‘papa burgers’ (double cheeseburgers with 2 1/2 pound patties each) in one sitting.

My memory is hazy, however.