The Most Nutritional Nuts?

Which ones have the most nutritional value ?? besides yours LOL

You mean calories per ounce?

This might be of help.

Fat and fiber composition of nuts

http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Nuts

lol didn’t even consider coconuts as a nut until today…

im currently grinding almonds for my protein shakes and was wondering if there is a better all around alternative, with protein,fats, and calories considered?

I think walnuts have the highest level of omega 3s

Deez.

The Power Foods articles mention a couple nuts; walnuts and coconut specifically.

[quote]
People who eat walnuts have fewer heart attacks. One study actually found an inverse relationship between walnut consumption and all deaths.

I don’t know how a walnut could keep you from being hit by a runaway streetcar, but I do believe it’s one healthful little nut. Walnuts are one of the few rich sources of plant-derived Omega-3 fatty acids (alpha linolenic acid), thus complimenting the animal-derived Omega-3 fatty acids we get from another Power Food, salmon.

They’re also high in plant sterols, which reduce cholesterol. Combine that with their arginine-powered ability to keep the insides of blood vessels smooth and you can understand their effect on heart health.

In addition to all that, they’re the nut with the highest anti-oxidant activity, and they contain rich amounts of magnesium and copper, two minerals that are typically deficient in the American diet.

Ways to eat them: By the handful, on top of a Grow! pudding, or on top of a salad.

How much to eat: 8 ounces (1-ounce or one small handful a day)[/quote]

[quote]
This oil â?? mostly saturated fat â?? comes from pressed coconuts and…

Huh? Yes, I did say “saturated fat.” And no, there’s no need to panic! This plant-based saturated fat isn’t exactly the same stuff found in fast food and chemical-laden red meats. In fact, it’s quite good for you since it’s a natural saturated fat consisting of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs).

Coconut oil got a negative rap a few decades ago after some really crappy animal studies concluded it wasn’t healthy. The dingdongs in lab coats used hydrogenated coconut oil that was purposefully altered to make it devoid of any essential fatty acids. [Slaps forehead.] Luckily, things are changing for coconut oil. The newest studies show it’s quite healthful.

Coconut oil:

â?¢ Supports immune system

â?¢ Improves insulin sensitivity

â?¢ Acts as a healthful antibiotic

â?¢ Promotes gut health

â?¢ Has substantial antioxidant power

â?¢ Helps stimulate the metabolism by promoting thermogenesis

The best thing about coconut oil is that you can cook with it without ruining any of its healthful properties. I use it for everything from stir-frys to eggs and pancakes.

On a mass plan and think you have to eat junk food to take in enough calories? You don’t. Spoon some sweet coconut oil into your shakes for a healthful “weight gainer.”

You can find coconut oil at any health food store. Just look for the unrefined, virgin, or organic variety. [/quote]

I personally get an ounce of walnuts per day, and a tablespoon of coconut oil.

All nuts are good for you.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

Unless yer allergic. Then they kill you.

I have a mix of walnuts, almonds, and cranberries most days. Walnuts have are great for omega 3’s, almonds have more protein and fiber though. Easy way to get an additional 500 cals or so.

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

Unless yer allergic. Then they kill you.

[/quote]

And this needs to be pointed out?

Strawberries are lethal for some people too, but I don’t see it needing to be mentioned in every fruit related thread.

I like almonds for the fiber. And I’ve actually become super-acclimated to the taste over the last year.

1. Walnuts
  2. Almonds

i like cashews for flavor but the nutritional profile is pretty weak.