The Most Fiscal State?

SO, which is it? Anyone know?

I’m talking lowest taxes, most balanced budget, things like that. I would have said conservative, but I’d like to avoid the Christian-mania that might induce.

So which is it? Texas? er… umm… Wow… I can’t think of any others. So… anyone know?

Alaska?

Mufasa

If I had to peg a guess I’m saying New Hampshire or Alaska. New Hampshire only taxes dividends and interest, plus they are so damn small they probably don’t have much of a budget.

With Alaska you have no income tax plus all the money from the pipeline. I don’t know if it’s still like this, but any one born in Alaska gets a yearly check for 1,000 dollars due to the pipeline.

[quote]snipeout wrote:
If I had to peg a guess I’m saying New Hampshire or Alaska. New Hampshire only taxes dividends and interest, plus they are so damn small they probably don’t have much of a budget.

With Alaska you have no income tax plus all the money from the pipeline. I don’t know if it’s still like this, but any one born in Alaska gets a yearly check for 1,000 dollars due to the pipeline.[/quote]

Don’t use the small thing as a budget meter. RI is puny but has a deficit of $168 million.

[quote]snipeout wrote:

With Alaska you have no income tax plus all the money from the pipeline. I don’t know if it’s still like this, but any one born in Alaska gets a yearly check for 1,000 dollars due to the pipeline.[/quote]

New Hampshire ranks 46th out of 50 for tax burden. NH has above average income ($48,033), and below average tax burden (7.6%).

The New Hampshire General Court is the NH legislative body. The House of Representatives has the highest ratio of representative to residents at 400 members. State reps are paid just $100 per year plus mileage.

No income tax, no property tax (for renters), and no state sales tax. No seatbelt law for adults, no helmet law, shall issue concealed carry. Yee ha!