The Most Emasculate Music?

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Isn’t the entire point of music that it has the power to make us feel ways in which we normally may not?

The purpose of music is to fucking rock.[/quote]

Damn. I’ve wasted my life and career. I thought the purpose was to play it all backwards to reveal the Satanic messages.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
I don’t know what emasculate music is.

I like what I like. I don’t like what I don’t like.

Isn’t the entire point of music that it has the power to make us feel ways in which we normally may not? What’s wrong with effeminate feelings if that’s the way one wants to feel at a particular time?

“Pussy music artists”? Are you just jealous because they get more pussy than you?
[/quote]

To borrow a youthful expression, Word! Music is just plain one of the great pleasures of life. At any given time you can hear me playing The Cars, Jimi Hendrix, U2, Souxsie and the Banshees, Moody Blues, Slayer, Beck, Glen Campbell, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams Jr., The Shins, John Denver, and on and on. Sometimes even some old school Cypress Hill or Snoop. Bottom line is if it pleasures the ears and stirs something inside it’s all good.

D

If you think it sounds pussfied, why listen? There’s an entire lifetime of music already recorded, and the occasional goos song coming out every now and then. Listen to that.

Music follows society (for the most part). We live in a society of pussies, ergo that’s what the music caters to.

Listen to stuff from earlier to mid last century. Hell, even last last century. Old school rap, rock etc. Can’t go wrong with Sinatra if you’re just relaxing with pleasurable (read+ female with hyoooge tits) company.

Most modern music is emasculate and rock music is some of the worst. “Sex, drugs, and rock and roll” just implies no self discipline, organizational skills, leadership, or other masculine traits. It’s hedonism for those who can’t control their impulses, people run by emotion. Emasculate indeed.

Outside of a few great metal bands (lifting music), it’s really best to stick with classical music.

[quote]Higher Game wrote:
Most modern music is emasculate and rock music is some of the worst. “Sex, drugs, and rock and roll” just implies no self discipline, organizational skills, leadership, or other masculine traits. It’s hedonism for those who can’t control their impulses, people run by emotion. Emasculate indeed.

Outside of a few great metal bands (lifting music), it’s really best to stick with classical music.[/quote]

Did you use to play Doctor Fraser Crain on cheers?

[/quote]

But I like sex and drugs and rock and roll.
But I guess that’s OK for me, since I’m a woman, a hedonist, and I really don’t need those “masculine traits”, because I’m run by emotion.

But then again, bass players can never control their impulses anyway.

The best part about James Blunt isn’t that his music’s for pussies (which he’s generally quite up front with in everything I’ve seen about him), but the fact that he’s pretty well more manly than you or anyone else you know.

Trance.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
Did you use to play Doctor Fraser Crain on cheers?[/quote]

It’s Frasier Crane.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
Trance.[/quote]

haha good call

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Sifu wrote:
Trance.

haha good call[/quote]

Stupid question… WTF is Trance? Is it different than Industrial?

Edit: Actually, what I had in mind as “Industrial” can be narrowed-down to aggrotech (Combichrist, specifically).
Didn’t realize that Industrial was such a broad term.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
But then again, bass players can never control their impulses anyway.
[/quote]

Frankly – and this is without exception – the bass player is the heart of the band. I don’t care how important the drummer thinks he is. Everyone knows the bass player is charged with holding it down. For that, you are a goddess! Forget about controlling your impulses and just and just play the 1 - 5 as funky as you can.

A man gives his son an electric bass for his 15th birthday, along with a coupon for four bass lessons. When the son returns from his first lesson, the father asks, “So, what did you learn?” “Well, I learned the first five notes on the E string.” Next week, after the second lesson, the father again asks about the progress, and the son replies, “This time I learned the first five notes on the A string.” One week later, the son comes home far later than expected, smelling of cigarettes and beer. So the father asks: “Hey, what happened in today’s lesson?” “Dad, I’m sorry I couldn’t make it to my lesson; I had a gig!”

[quote]lixy wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:
The purpose of music is to fucking rock.

Smacking an art form or labeling it as “pussy music” is not something a T-man does. Doesn’t mean you have to enjoy Damien Rice, but claiming to know “the purpose of music” is plain wrong in my book.

Unless, you were being sarcastic, in which case. disregard my post.[/quote]

I agree lixy. Where does this manner of thinking put artists like Jeff Buckley, I mean his cover of Leonard Cohen’s ‘hallelujah’ hardly ‘rocks’…but to me it is a brilliant and meaningful piece of music.

I guess it comes down to what we as individuals expect from the music we choose to listen to. I like music that moves me, not just physically to headbang or let out aggression, although that’s one form of expression and I wouldn’t underscore its value. I wouldn’t call it all crap, and label anybody that listened as meatheaded assholes. I can appreciate there is good music in most genres.

If music doesn’t mean that much to you, that’s cool. I can’t say I relate, because personally it happens to be quite important to me. Like anybody else I have my opinions of which bands suck and which don’t. But I know what I’m looking for and I’m glad there are artists out there making the sort of music and sounds that keep my heart beating. Even if finding them these days is a much harder challenge than it should be.

I respect John Mayer for his talent (in my opinion, he’s a pretty good guitarist) even if I don’t like his stuff.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Isn’t the entire point of music that it has the power to make us feel ways in which we normally may not?

The purpose of music is to fucking rock.[/quote]

And the purpose of making music is to get pussy. It is similar to the fat girl species. They wouldn’t exist if people stopped fucking them. Likewise, pussy music wouldn’t exist if there wasn’t substantial amount of getting pussy behind its conception, production, performance, and payoff.

“And the purpose of making music is to get pussy. It is similar to the fat girl species. They wouldn’t exist if people stopped fucking them. Likewise, pussy music wouldn’t exist if there wasn’t substantial amount of getting pussy behind its conception, production, performance, and payoff.”
it is a sad sad world we live in,

[quote]Molotov_Coktease wrote:
Where does this manner of thinking put artists like Jeff Buckley, I mean his cover of Leonard Cohen’s ‘hallelujah’ hardly ‘rocks’…but to me it is a brilliant and meaningful piece of music.[/quote]

Hell yes!

[quote]Rykker wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Sifu wrote:
Trance.

haha good call

Stupid question… WTF is Trance? Is it different than Industrial?

Edit: Actually, what I had in mind as “Industrial” can be narrowed-down to aggrotech (Combichrist, specifically).
Didn’t realize that Industrial was such a broad term.[/quote]

“Sandstorm” is trance…i think?

“fucking rock” “get pussy” “but I like emasculate music”

Give me a break. Just because music is outwardly heavy doesn’t make it masculine if it’s absolutely brain-dead. Pantera immediately comes to mind as being macho, not masculine. Masculine music takes intelligence to process, and any music designed to get men and women together (get pussy!) inherently has to make compromises in quality.

My ultimate proof is, just observe that many women and wimps have made some nice rockin’ tunes, but who has ever heard a great symphony written by either a woman or a girly man?

“fucking rock” “get pussy” “but I like emasculate music”

Give me a break. Just because music is outwardly heavy doesn’t make it masculine if it’s absolutely brain-dead. Pantera immediately comes to mind as being macho, not masculine. Masculine music takes intelligence to process, and any music designed to get men and women together (get pussy!) inherently has to make compromises in quality.

My ultimate proof is, just observe that many women and wimps have made some nice rockin’ tunes, but who has ever heard a great symphony written by either a woman or a girly man?[/quote]

You can’t be serious. I don’t have anything against classical music, but the last thing it brings to mind is masculinity.

Furthermore, what correlation can you make between intelligence and masculinity? After all, the highest I.Q. in America is held by a women. To me masculinity is more visceral than intellectual.