The Most Dangerous Exercises?

Hi,

Just out of curiosity what does everyone think is/are the most dangerous exercises in the gym? Why?

Word.

curling in the squat rack… a lot of us feel like eating people who do that so i guess its dangerous

[quote]bigdude wrote:
Hi,

Just out of curiosity what does everyone think is/are the most dangerous exercises in the gym? Why?

Word.

[/quote]

i think doing the pull down with your head under the weight rack is pretty dangerous…

why,

if i dont make my last rep - well — you know, it would not be good; but it does give incentive…

I’d say it’s between olympic lifts and benching with a suicide grip.

What is that grip?

false grip where your thumb is on the same side as your fingers.

[quote]bulldogtor wrote:
curling in the squat rack… a lot of us feel like eating people who do that so i guess its dangerous[/quote]

damn beat me to it! lol in my hometown gym the trainers actually show clients how to curl in the squat rack…lol i printed out signs and wore one of the gyms shirts to look like i was an employee…i walked around the whole gym posting them. the locker room, the treadmills, right on the power rack itself, etc. lol…didn’t work they ppl still did it…

Overhead lifts should probably be mentioned. I can’t imagine a barbell landing on your head is terribly fun.

yeah curling in the squat rack will guarantee dirty looks from the big boys. I dont think there’s such a thing. People make them dangerous by using shitty form and heavy ass weight. My two centavos.

People curl in the squat rack at my gym. It’s never a problem, because we have like 10 of them.

Nobody gets any dirty looks.

I think bench is probably the most dangerous seeing as people have died from doing it alone. I don’t every recall hearing about anyone getting killed from squats, deadlifts, etc.

Whats the relevance of the question though?

Running.

Take your average Joe trainer and your average Fat woman, think he would prescribe 1000 plyometric box jumps for depth, five times a week? Hell no! But he’d be quick to prescribe “jogging”, which is the same exact thing.

-Sab

Anything involving standing on a ball, and any evercise done with bad form where the weights can injure you.

I agree with rsg, anything with improper form and too much weight, i used to be a victim of this in HS. I learned that ego is the most dangerous thing in the gym.

Ahm, guys?

Squats and especially deadlifts?!
You know, those lifts where you move a lot of weight and bad technique can seriously injure you.

I was thinking deadlifts.

1. Doing curls in Louie Simmon’s squat rack at Westside Barbell Club. I think they’re called “suicides”.

2nd. Binge drinking.

TNT

I think a writer on here mentioned some guy at a demo doing squats on a a bousu ball or something, then blowing their ACL.

Leg extensions

Recumbent bicycle. Those things are killers!