The Most Amazing Athletes!

This is seriously the most amazing story that I have ever read. It is soo rediculous. Ill let you check it out for yourself! Tell me what you think.

http://www.financialhack.com/2008/01/01/10186_lessons-from-the-marathon-monks-how-to-achieve-the-impossible.html

Pretty insane.

I watched Chuck Norris do that in 3 days.

How to reach the impossible:

Longer arms.

No, not contributing in any way, but it’s the first thing that popped into my head.

Thats dedication!

im sorry, but i need to bump this page. I wont be satisfied until more people read this! This is seriously the most amazing story ever!

bump again

I still say the top 5 guys on Ninja Warrior are the best athletes in the world.

crazy stuff, man

Yeah, thats nuts.

I was watching a video on google about these guys, and there were saying that they would be burning at least 2000 calories per day, but they’re only eating around 1500 calories per day, and they haven’t lost a detrimental amount of weight during this time. They have seemed to conserve their energy really well.

I have to believe some of these stats are exaggerated. 7 days and night of no sleep and water wtf?! I don’t think thats possible. Not to mention the ridiculous running their doing with probably horrible food.

The article all sounds like some famous old fable, I have no doubt they actually do some serious training but this just seems kind of out there.

[quote]shizen wrote:
I have to believe some of these stats are exaggerated. 7 days and night of no sleep and water wtf?! I don’t think thats possible. Not to mention the ridiculous running their doing with probably horrible food.

The article all sounds like some famous old fable, I have no doubt they actually do some serious training but this just seems kind of out there. [/quote]

They are trained to run. They are even thinner than Bruce Lee. The chores are cleaning, sweeping and selling “trinkets” in the “jinja”.

Don’t be fooled by Japanese propaganda. After WWII there has been no “seppuku”.

I have seen a documentary film on them. It’s been a few years so I am doing this from memory, but. They don’t run the course, it’s a fast paced walk. By the time they complete the journey, the years of constant over use blows out their hips and they are crippled for life.

Also I don’t think they are Buddhists. I think they are part of the Shinto religion. Once one of the Monks completes the 8 years of walking he is qualified to perform religious ceremonies for the emporer of Japan.

They do exhibit a high degree of dedication, but they do cripple themselves doing it. So Caveat Emptor.

Mishima committed Seppuku.

They’ll do anything to get away from a set of squats… pussies.

:slight_smile:

I believe they are Buddhist monks that are trying to reach enlightenment, that is what I can remember from the video.

Thats right. Yukio Mishima was the last person to commit seppuku and that was after WWII, in 1970 to be exact.

I personally think all this hunger artist type stuff is absolute BS. Not BS in that it doesn’t happen, but as the true ‘path to enlightenment’ ? Give me a break.

Krishnamurti said it best: if you follow what one man did to achieve righteousness or nirvana, you are in essence leading a second hand life.

There’s a lot more I can do with my time than travel the length of the equator by foot. A lot more GOOD, even.