The Metamorphosis from Man to Machine

After nearly 3 decades in the iron game or, ‘Le jeu de fer’ as they say in France, but basically doing my own thing for the first 2, I’ve decided to give 531 a go. The idea of knowing what I’ll be doing in 3 months/ 6 months/ a year from now following tried and tested templates from an expert in the game is a really attractive proposition to me.

The template I’m kicking things off with is 531BBB. I’ll run it for 3 months and then take stock. I will read the books at the same time and decide where to go from there, but in the meantime, I’m excited to, after close to a year of eating at around maintenance, to move into surplus calorie territory and start filling out again. My discipline gets tighter and tighter as the years go by and I can trust myself that surplus calories means quality and quantity, not just quantity! That goes for my training too. I’m pretty fucking anal or, ‘Putain de anal’ as they say in France, when i set my mind to things and will follow the templates to a T.
I think I’ll start with a weekly summary and change that to daily if I feel I need to.

4 Likes