T Nation

The Metabolism Advantage

Currently reading the book and would I am considering making this life style change. Wanted to know if any of you follow this plan? Is it still a very viable plan to follow? Sounds great so far. Any tips from those that have actually followed this plan would be great!

I’m 5’8 220 pounds 24-26% BF. High blood pressure that averages 150 over about 97. I have lifted on and off for years and now at 38 years old, see the importance more than ever to get my shit together.

My goals are to get to single digits and get my blood pressure back down to where it really should be.

It’s a good plan. Though it’s not unique (no one’s approach is unique at this point), Berardi puts out quality stuff all the time!

However, all that info in the book is contained in Berardi’s articles on this site for FREE, as well as everyone else who wrote about nutrition on here.

Thanks Brick!

I was just reading about the V-Diet and I’m considering that as well. The V-Diet might be good to try first and than from that go with the Metabolism Advantage.

[quote]dreaded10 wrote:
I was just reading about the V-Diet and I’m considering that as well. The V-Diet might be good to try first and than from that go with the Metabolism Advantage.[/quote]
Although I do like the V-diet as a “Jump Start” to a new healthier life I don’t know anything about the Metabolism Advantage.

Personally I would transition to a diet that contained less than 100 grams of carbs per day. If your diet does that, great, if no try taking a look at The Green Face diet.

I also just finished up rereading Natural Hormonal Enhancement by Rob Fagin and that book would explain exactly why diets like Green Face are so beneficial if you are interested.