The Messengers Movie Question

I just watched the movie The Messengers. I don’t know what was up with the guy trying to buy the farm from both families. Was he the devil? Was he a ghost? What was the importance of him in the movie? Why the freaky birds? Is the farm cursed? I am so confused.

And what was up with the basement floor? Does that mean he buried them there? And the garage? why the outside barn garage thing.

am I the only one stupid enough to have seen this movie?

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
And what was up with the basement floor? Does that mean he buried them there? And the garage? why the outside barn garage thing.

am I the only one stupid enough to have seen this movie?[/quote]

I saw it. I assumed the man was insane and confused. He couldn’t remember even killing his family until later in the movie. It would make sense if he killed them, left the house and then forgot the murders only to return to it.

As far as the basement, yes, he buried them there from what I could tell. I don’t think the barn had shit to do with it other than to creep out the audience.

I don’t expect much from “scary movies” anymore. The last really good one to me was The Ring and The Grudge. Everything before that for years was weak.

Hey Prof X thanks!

But do you remember the guy who tried to buy the farm? The crazy killer guy met him too… or maybe I am confused and that guy showed up just checking up on things when he went psycho.

Yes horror movies today suck. I liked them better without all the gore.

Loved Eyes of Laura Mars, When a Stranger Calls, even The Howling

[quote]Professor X wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

am I the only one stupid enough to have seen this movie?

I saw it. I assumed the man was insane and confused. He couldn’t remember even killing his family until later in the movie. It would make sense if he killed them, left the house and then forgot the murders only to return to it.

As far as the basement, yes, he buried them there from what I could tell. I don’t think the barn had shit to do with it other than to creep out the audience.

I don’t expect much from “scary movies” anymore. The last really good one to me was The Ring and The Grudge. Everything before that for years was weak. [/quote]

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
Hey Prof X thanks!

But do you remember the guy who tried to buy the farm? The crazy killer guy met him too… or maybe I am confused and that guy showed up just checking up on things when he went psycho.

Yes horror movies today suck. I liked them better without all the gore.

Loved Eyes of Laura Mars, When a Stranger Calls, even The Howling

[/quote]

The man you are speaking of, “Cancer Man” from the X-Files, was just trying to buy the house back because he knew something was wrong with it. That’s why he kept showing up. The director stated that he threw him in as a red herring so everyone would think he would be a part of the twist at the end. He wasn’t.

As far as good scary movies, there have been more. I just don’t think that people should really expect to “afraid” much anymore because we are desensitized to them.

One of my favorites is Event Horizon. I’ve seen that enough times to be able to quote scenes. The Dawn of The Dead remake was great too. I liked just about every scene it. The first Resident Evil is also classic.

One more that wasn’t scary but I liked the story for was The Others. I figured it out before the end but at least they gave a good try. It wasn’t a surprise ending like The Sixth Sense.

The Skeleton Key isn’t bad either.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
The man you are speaking of, “Cancer Man” from the X-Files, was just trying to buy the house back because he knew something was wrong with it. That’s why he kept showing up. The director stated that he threw him in as a red herring so everyone would think he would be a part of the twist at the end. He wasn’t.
[/quote]

it worked! I completely thought he had something to do with the freaky farm.

Thanks