The Mental Ups & Downs of TRT

Im use Ashwagandha couple times a week and magnesium to keep my nerves calm - high T shouldn’t result in higher nerve activity… how many highly masculine guys are super chatty and hyper… I think it may be due to elevated e2 levels

I have less energy now than I did pre TRT… totally wrecked most of the time. Feel exhausted. If you have good energy, enjoy that feeling!

1 Like

Sounds like very low e2 at least for me that’s when I feel exhausted, notice how too high e2 makes me all wired and too low feels exhausted, its a delicate balance need to find

No it’s not E2 as I keep track of E2 on a regular basis. My E2 before TRT was dangerously low and I did not have this exhaustion. Also when high I don’t have an issue… For me I think it’s the additional strain on adrenals/thyroid that’s causing the exhaustion.

The longer I’m on TRT the more I’m starting to believe stereotypes may have some ground. Prior to TRT I was able to focus on work more easily and prioritize tasks in importance and use logic in decision making. I work and study corporate finance, since starting TRT I’ve found its much harder to concentrate on a task like studying - all my attention seems to be focused on either getting laid or thinking about getting laid or waiting around to when I can hit the gym.

We’ve seen stereotypical “nerds” in life and media and I think there may be some truth to it, maybe not having a distracting libido and focus on being “alpha” and dominating others etc. gives them the ability to use logic and rationale rather than giving into emotional urges like high T males. Just a thought what do others think?

Get laid more so you can focus?

1 Like

No truth to this. I had a vasectomy 8 years ago and consistency never changed. Also been on TRT over 12 months.

There’s more to it I think, I was a lot more motivated to achieve and work prior to TRT almost like I had something to prove… I think maybe having low T gives men something to reach for and when you do achieve that goal whatever it may be your body gives you a shot of testosterone making you feel good and then create a new goal to work towards etc. But getting the T “freely” without really having to work for it diminishes the drive to achieve since you already got freely what you are working for if that makes sense… just a thought

I dunno man. I hit the gym harder than ever, am able to focus on work better, am more focused on relationships, and am achieving goals. I mean, I was probably low T my whole life with no T reward ever so perhaps I found a diff reward system to keep me motivated before TRT but I am more focused than ever.

That being said I was horrible in school bec I couldnt take my focus off of girls so MAYBE there is a little something to what you are saying.

2 Likes

This is too deep.

Low t is just bad unless you are 85. There is no thought process like yours after you establish low t is harmful and unhealthy.

Why is the world run by Low T nerds and the high T alphas are working manual labor for $20/hr… I’ve worked in manual labor so I don’t mean that in a dismissive way but just trying to see if there’s some dots to connect…

So Trump is low t nerd. I don’t think so. He’s an alpha and so are his sons and they run the country and a multi billion dollar business.

His T was in the 400s.

I think there are too many variables to draw this conclusion.

Because low T weenies cant work manual labor jobs.

Just joking, but I do believe there is a correlation between IQ and testosterone levels.

Certain people are just biologically gifted, whether it be in sports, or school.

I guess you’d need to define what “run the world” means. I know a lot of successful men who are clearly high T based on their natural physiques and lust for women. I know bodybuilders (natural) who are engineers, I know cage fighters who own multiple businesses and tons of real estate, etc. Too many variables at play to chalk to up to the alpha/beta dichotomy.

Yea, I think negatively correlated - here’s why I think that. Nature equipped us all with some form of survival skills otherwise our genes wouldn’t have made it this far. Nature also does a very good job of keeping things balanced, generally physically strong (naturally not from the gym) may be less intellectually strong because they have the physical strength and vice versa, of course there are always outliers. Keep in mind we live in the digital Information Age, the term “alpha male” doesn’t neccesarily hold true to its original traits today, physical strength, height and aggressiveness were traits traits that were useful in a certain period of time but today when we have police system and we no longer need to hunt or protect women/children or our tribe etc. The men achieving status now are the ones that would have been considered food in the Stone Age lol

When I think about my dad popping nuts into my mom I dont think there was that much natural selection going on.

Haha iduno… I just had a random thought today I may just be having an off day recently bumped up to 175mg and I think e2 may have come along for the ride… Fun thought to entertain tho

• Also I didn’t mean T is negatively correlated to intelligence that’s def not the case I meant nature might not see it fit to give a person both strengths of physical and intellectual so it may sacrifice T for smarts. Using TRT provided you already have smarts we can makeup that and essentially gain both strengths.