The Media and Palin's Gender Card

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
hahaha, Rove, O’Reilly, and Dick Morris got spanked by their own words.[/quote]

This is probably all anybody should have taken away from this video. Anything else and you’re merely searching for a podium to ramble on. If you watch the video and cannot see how the commentators made complete fuctards of themselves (whether you find it funny or not is irrelevant). YOU should not even think about voting.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
buckeye girl wrote:
I thought that was hilarious.

And, women like Palin make me sick.

I’m curious, could you unpack that for me a little bit? Why?

Is it primarily her pro-life stance, or something else?[/quote]

Yes. I dislike her anti-choice stance. That would be the main reason.

I realize that abortion is a minor issue when we are talking about the election, but considering McCain and his stance on abortion/bc/etc (or at least my understanding of what his stance is), it is very disappointing to see that any woman (or man) would agree with it and run as his VP.

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
Aragorn wrote:
buckeye girl wrote:

Is it primarily her pro-life stance, or something else?

I realize that abortion is a minor issue when we are talking about the election, but considering McCain and his stance on abortion/bc/etc (or at least my understanding of what his stance is), it is very disappointing to see that any woman (or man) would agree with it and run as his VP.[/quote]

killing babies is ok? Next time you see a baby look into it’s eyes and remind yourself you wouldn’t of minded if it where never given a chance to live.

Is the right to choose more important then the right to live?

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
killing babies is ok? Next time you see a baby look into it’s eyes and remind yourself you wouldn’t of minded if it where never given a chance to live.

Is the right to choose more important then the right to live.[/quote]

I believe that abortion, along with the “morning after pill” and The Pill, are a personal choice and should be available to all. Aside from making sure that these things are safe and available, it is not the government business.

I’m not for abortion, just against taking away one’s right to choose.

Zep, you live by your own personal moral code, and I’ll live by mine.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Not supporting a woman’s right to choose is kind of a sticking point for most feminists <_<

Otherwise… Stewart has pwnt. Don’t care what anyone says, that was fucking hilarious.

Now, is Stewart a political expert, or is he a comedian?

If he is an expert, why the fuck is he on the comedy channel?

If he is a comedian, why the fuck are you getting you marching orders from him?

You had such promise. You were coming around so well. Now you are drinking the Ivy League koolaid.

Trust me, no one gives a shit where you go to school if all you can do is prove how much of a dumbass you are.

Stewart? Stewart is a fucking washed up loser. When has that ass lick ever had a relevant contribution to the national debate?

Use your uber powerful brain to figure that one out.

The voting age should exclude everyone under 30 who is still sucking on the family teat. [/quote]

Marching orders? Who the hell takes marching orders from Jon Stewart? He’s funny. He’s a comedian. Are you denying that bit was funny? I laughed my ass off… shows like The Daily Show (while still very left slanted) exist mainly to mock the SYSTEM. And I think the system is hilarious.

Clearing this up: I’m not voting Obama. I don’t even plan on considering him…

You’re assuming a great deal considering all I said was that this bit was funny as hell…

killing babies is ok?
[/quote]

LOL!!!@killing babies

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

[/quote]

Don’t even plan on considering? that’s pretty silly. Uninformed voters are a bad thing.

[quote]Malevolence wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

Don’t even plan on considering? that’s pretty silly. Uninformed voters are a bad thing.[/quote]

Allow me to rephrase. I don’t plan on REconsidering. I probably know more about Obama’s policies and philosophies from my dad and friends than I do about McCain.

Hence, I’m either voting McCain if what I find is up to snuff, or I’m writing in Kermit the Frog.

Aragorn wrote:
buckeye girl wrote:

Is it primarily her pro-life stance, or something else?

I realize that abortion is a minor issue when we are talking about the election, but considering McCain and his stance on abortion/bc/etc (or at least my understanding of what his stance is), it is very disappointing to see that any woman (or man) would agree with it and run as his VP.[/quote]

Abortion is never a minor issue in any election, especially for a wingnut like Palin who will make it an issue.

I agree your post.

zephead4747 wrote:

Is the right to choose more important then the right to live.

I believe that abortion, along with the “morning after pill” and The Pill, are a personal choice and should be available to all. Aside from making sure that these things are safe and available, it is not the government business.

I’m not for abortion, just against taking away one’s right to choose.

Zep, you live by your own personal moral code, and I’ll live by mine.[/quote]

I’ll meet you halfway and agree with the morning after pill. However, a “moral code” which involves killing is quite the misnomer.

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
Even though Dick Morris is a Jew, I liked his comment about women (Hillary) “retreating behind the apron strings”. He’s right! Stewrat is annoying as always and also a Jew. Nothing to see here.
…[/quote]

Go away.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
buckeye girl wrote:
I believe that abortion…(is) a personal choice and should be available to all. Aside from making sure that these things are safe and available, it is not the government business…

…you live by your own personal moral code, and I’ll live by mine.

I agree with this wholeheartedly! In fact, I think Sarah Palin should be able to choose to terminate the life of her five month old Down’s Syndrome child NOW if she so desires.

For that matter, any woman should be able to choose to terminate the life of an unwanted child right up to…oh, let’s say…nine months after birth. It’s not the government’s business to step in and say differently during that time period.

This is my personal moral code. You live by yours and I’ll live by mine.

Ummmm…yeah…I’m sure I’m right about this. Real sure. Don’t mess with me.[/quote]

The father should have the same right.

… the right to live?[/quote]

What is your threshold for this belief?

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
pushharder wrote:
buckeye girl wrote:
I believe that abortion…(is) a personal choice and should be available to all. Aside from making sure that these things are safe and available, it is not the government business…

…you live by your own personal moral code, and I’ll live by mine.

I agree with this wholeheartedly! In fact, I think Sarah Palin should be able to choose to terminate the life of her five month old Down’s Syndrome child NOW if she so desires.

For that matter, any woman should be able to choose to terminate the life of an unwanted child right up to…oh, let’s say…nine months after birth. It’s not the government’s business to step in and say differently during that time period.

This is my personal moral code. You live by yours and I’ll live by mine.

Ummmm…yeah…I’m sure I’m right about this. Real sure. Don’t mess with me.

The father should have the same right.

Yep, momma or daddy should be able to choose. So whether it’s three weeks or three months BEFORE birth or three weeks or three months AFTER birth, who cares? It’s a choice. Who does the government or anyone else for that matter think they are implementing their “moral code”?

Let’s face it, there is little difference between a child three weeks prior to birth and one three weeks after birth. One is wet and has an umbilical cord still attached to mom and is very dependent on her. The other is dry and no longer has his umbilical cord attached but is still very attached to mom.

To may toe. To mah toe.
[/quote]

I expressed my opinion in what I thought was a mature and respectful manner, and this is what I get?

No ranting and raving. No name calling, like a certain poster that I know you love sooo very much, but still get some childish, sarcastic response?

Well, I can be childish too. Fuck you. I’m out.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
I’m stumped. In my post there was:

No ranting.

No raving.

No name calling.

No childishness.

Yes, sarcasm. Mild sarcasm to illustrate a point. Please don’t descend to the “Fuck you, I’m out” deal. C’mon. You’re better than that. Besides, I like ya.

[/quote]

I like ya too. I’m still out though :wink:

I don’t think this is one of those things that can be discussed without things getting ugly and I don’t want that. Plus, I’m pretty sure that hanging around the politics forum will result in me hating 90% of you crazy conservative bastards (and I mean that in the nicest way possible)

[quote]pushharder wrote:
This really isn’t the thread to do this, I guess, but put all the emotions aside and strictly and logically argue/debate the (sarcastic) scenario I mentioned above. It will be tough, I surmise.[/quote]

The problem with discussing abortion is that it is so deeply rooted in beliefs and there’s not a lot of logic involved with what people believe.