T Nation

The Media and Palin's Gender Card

hahaha, Rove, O’Reilly, and Dick Morris got spanked by their own words.

Not a big Stewart fan but very clever. I think as long as Palin doesn’t bring it up herself she’ll be fine. Let the attach dogs to that. This is advise Barry should have taken when playing the race card. If he wouldn’t have made the acusations himself he would have avoided a lot of pain.

Even though Dick Morris is a Jew, I liked his comment about women (Hillary) “retreating behind the apron strings”. He’s right! Stewrat is annoying as always and also a Jew. Nothing to see here.

McCain picking Palin was 100% political.

So what? I thought everyone knew. Let’s be realists.

This whole thing is a circus. I don’t support John McCain. Never have.

I just want to see the Dems lose again.

Here’s a flash.

In politics everybody is fulla shit. EV REE BUDDY

I fully expect to be lied to, manipulated, propagandized, and just generally screwed by every live human being aspiring to public office and that goes x10 for their surrogates.

It comes down to who will do it the least and in what areas.

On another note along those lines I believe in and support the ends justifying the means when the people I favor do anything they have to to see my views preserved and or advanced. The only difference between myself and many other people is that I simply admit that.

That’s why you haven’t heard any outrage from me about how Palin or her daughter are being treated. That’s how the the game is played. Cynical? you bet, but true nonetheless.

The Feminists Expose Themselves
William E. Saracino, Sac Union Columnist
Published: September 4, 2008

That giant screeching, cackling sound you hear is the feminist reaction to Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin being chosen as Republican presidential candidate John McCain�??s running mate.

You would think that a successful, intelligent, well-spoken mother of five, who was elected governor of her state by bucking the male establishment, would be a poster child for feminists. Of course, she should be, and would be, except for one fatal flaw�??she�??s a conservative.

In stark contrast to Mrs. Hillary Clinton, Palin achieved her political success on her own merits, not because of her husband. Worse yet, she�??s a practicing Christian. And as if that�??s not enough, she made the decision to have �?? not abort �?? her fifth child even knowing it had Down�??s syndrome.

Sarah Palin represents everything American feminism hates, and the reaction has been furious. Our own Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer led the flying brigade in an ugly verbal attack on Palin that lacked only the phrase �??I�??ll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too.�??

Why They Hate Her
Feminists hate Palin because she exposes them for what they are: liberal operatives interested in advancing liberalism, not women. Palin is a female Clarence Thomas�??a success story who did not depend on being part of the liberal plantation mentality of victim politics.

Justice Thomas advanced in life on the strength of his intellect and character, not as a ward of the liberal state. Because of that, black liberals tried to destroy him. All the rhetoric about �??breaking the color barrier�?? and the need for a Supreme Court that �??looks like America�?? went out the window when a Conservative was ready to do the job. The old sign �??blacks need not apply�?? has become �??conservatives need not apply.�??

Palin will receive the same treatment from our women of the fevered brow, represented so well by Ms. Boxer. The NAGs (National Organization of Gals) care nothing about advancing the interests of women unless they are liberal women. Especially loathsome to them are conservative women who have become successful as individualists, not as members of some victim group oppressed by the horrible American patriarchy.

Sarah Palin is the NAGs worst night-mare. Happily married and mother of five, she is also a hunter, fisherwoman and played on a state-champion high school baseball team. She came to prominence in Alaska politics by opposing the good ol�?? boy network that had run the state for three decades. She is the antidote to �??Bridge to Nowhere�?? spend-a-holic Republican officeholders, both in Alaska and nationwide, which is one big reason McCain chose her.

The liberals are hysterical but cannot figure out how to attack her. Ms. Boxer zeroed in on Palin�??s �??lack of experience,�?? but cooler heads in the Democrat party seem to have understood that the experience argument is one they cannot win against McCain.

Feminists on the Attack
I do predict, however, that the feminists will try to attack Palin for having and not aborting her child with Down�??s syndrome. They may do it frontally, or they may take a tangential attack (gosh, a Down�??s child requires a lot of parental care; can Palin be both vice president and a good mother?), but they will do it. The attacks will backfire but the feminists must make them to protect their premier sacrament�??abortion.

To feminists, abortion is the sacred center of their dogma, a practice to be celebrated, exalted and defended no matter how illogical or ghoulish the defense. An abortion not performed is the ultimate affront to modern feminism, so Palin has committed an unforgivable offense and an example must be made of her, less this birthing thing catch on.

Am I exaggerating? Consider this: Condoleezza Rice is the first black woman to be secretary of state and Jeanne Kirkpatrick was the first woman ever to be ambassador to the United Nations, yet neither has been invited to address a major feminist organization.

Former U.K. Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher was once the most influential woman in the world, yet has she ever been invited to address a major feminist organization? Detecting a trend, are you?

Come on gals, prove me wrong. Pitch in and help me break the ultimate glass ceiling. Lend a hand and help this white male reward a woman who achieved success on her own and not on her husband�??s coattails. Ladies, do I have a candidate for you!

Know Bama No Bama

[quote]lincono wrote:
Published: September 4, 2008 >>>[/quote]

Of course this is dead on.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
lincono wrote:
Published: September 4, 2008 >>>

Of course this is dead on.[/quote]

Now maybe people will understand the actions of Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, and the bitchiest of them all, Barney Frank.

Not supporting a woman’s right to choose is kind of a sticking point for most feminists <_<

Otherwise… Stewart has pwnt. Don’t care what anyone says, that was fucking hilarious.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Not supporting a woman’s right to choose is kind of a sticking point for most feminists <_<

Otherwise… Stewart has pwnt. Don’t care what anyone says, that was fucking hilarious.[/quote]

Now, is Stewart a political expert, or is he a comedian?

If he is an expert, why the fuck is he on the comedy channel?

If he is a comedian, why the fuck are you getting you marching orders from him?

You had such promise. You were coming around so well. Now you are drinking the Ivy League koolaid.

Trust me, no one gives a shit where you go to school if all you can do is prove how much of a dumbass you are.

Stewart? Stewart is a fucking washed up loser. When has that ass lick ever had a relevant contribution to the national debate?

Use your uber powerful brain to figure that one out.

The voting age should exclude everyone under 30 who is still sucking on the family teat.

Palin and Thomas do have something in common; they were both rushed to the front of the line before they were qualified so that the party could get more socially conservative candidates in place than otherwise possible.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Not supporting a woman’s right to choose is kind of a sticking point for most feminists <_< [/quote]

Nooo? You think?

Next thing we know, you’re gonna tell us that the pill was the single most crucial step in advancing feminism.

[quote]etaco wrote:
Palin and Thomas do have something in common; they were both rushed to the front of the line before they were qualified so that the party could get more socially conservative candidates in place than otherwise possible.[/quote]

Are you referring to Clarence Thomas? Not qualified?

What kind of paint are you huffing?

I thought that was hilarious.

And, women like Palin make me sick.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
The voting age should exclude everyone under 30 who is still sucking on the family teat. [/quote]

You don’t need to exclude them, most of them don’t vote anyway.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

Stewart? Stewart is a fucking washed up loser. When has that ass lick ever had a relevant contribution to the national debate?

[/quote]

Where are you getting this from? The man has a super successful show on a major network, and certainly has influence on the way that millions of people look at politics.

You might not liked him, but he’s far from a washed up loser.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

Otherwise… Stewart has pwnt. Don’t care what anyone says, that was fucking hilarious.

Stewart? Stewart is a fucking washed up loser. When has that ass lick ever had a relevant contribution to the national debate?[/quote]

Lighten up. It’s just a mixture of political commentary and comedy. Pointing out right wing hypocrisy is certainly “relevant” – unless you can explain how it isn’t. No one is taking “marching orders,” whatever that means, but Stewart made his point very well.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

You had such promise. You were coming around so well. Now you are drinking the Ivy League koolaid.

Trust me, no one gives a shit where you go to school if all you can do is prove how much of a dumbass you are.

The voting age should exclude everyone under 30 who is still sucking on the family teat. [/quote]

Unfortunately for you and many others, RJ, Stewart has a hugely popular show. He and Colbert (must mostly he) are the way that millions of young people get their political news. For that reason alone he should deserve considered caution, if not grudging respect.

He figured out a way to entertain the ADD generation while also talking seriously about politics. The fact that I think he’s biased has no bearing on that, and his show is one very big reason young people will vote and have voted.

He is both a political commentator and a comedian. He just doesn’t work for a news network, which has a notoriously negligible amount of 18-26 year olds in the audience.

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
I thought that was hilarious.

And, women like Palin make me sick.[/quote]

I’m curious, could you unpack that for me a little bit? Why?

Is it primarily her pro-life stance, or something else?

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

The voting age should exclude everyone under 30 who is still sucking on the family teat.

Unfortunately for you and many others, RJ, Stewart has a hugely popular show. He and Colbert (must mostly he) are the way that millions of young people get their political news. For that reason alone he should deserve considered caution, if not grudging respect.

He figured out a way to entertain the ADD generation while also talking seriously about politics. The fact that I think he’s biased has no bearing on that, and his show is one very big reason young people will vote and have voted.

He is both a political commentator and a comedian. He just doesn’t work for a news network, which has a notoriously negligible amount of 18-26 year olds in the audience.[/quote]

Stewart’s political bias aside, he one of the best critics of mainstream media stupidity out there.