https://www.instagram.com/p/BvK3hf_Bs--/

4 Likes

Took a shot at Stormbreaker
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvSsbxIBnDp/

2 Likes

do doodles count?

imma doodler, not sure if it counts as art, tho~

1 Like

Going to see an advance showing of Shazam later today, so here are a few small doodles I did last week :slight_smile:

S

4 Likes

Son made me a family crest.

6 Likes

Not sure what to make of this one… Maybe I’m not deep enough to get the symbolism.

1 Like

I haven’t participated in this thread before, so here’s an oil painting I did when I was like 13. Some background, my great aunt was a professional artist, and she taught my brother and I for about a year. This was a replication of a template that was in the art book she was teaching from, and is something I couldn’t repeat today, I wish I had kept painting and kept up/built my skills. It’s been on my mom’s wall for the last 40 years, and I brought it to Kansas with me when she downsized. There are a few more that my brother and I did, that she kept.

8 Likes

More from my youngest.

5 Likes

That’s badass. Also, the tried and true curse of an awesome artist with terrible hand writing.

He’s also left handed if that means anything

It means everything. Theres a direct correlation with artists being left handed, promotes more creativity or some nonsense, and they ALL have bad handwriting. I do, my whole art class in high school, my art teacher, it’s like writing must bore them or something.

I remember hearing on many occasions about brain dominance regarding the right and left hemispheres . Wasn’t sure if that was still considered valid.

The lefty bad handwriting thing is more due to Western writing being done left-to-right, so as a lefty you either have to drag your hand through the ink as you write or contort your wrist to work around that issue.

1 Like

Lefty here. Explain my crappy Hebrew handwriting, skipper.

I actually can’t stand writing by hand – too slow. I type way faster. I end up writing part of the next word in the middle of the word I am writing.

3 Likes

Have you considered the possibility that you just suck at handwriting? I’m a lefty as well, and I suck at handwriting whichever direction I do it in. The direction of writing is a contributing factor for most people who write left-to-right, but it’s definitely not the only possible culprit.

Also, did you learn to write in English before Hebrew, or vice versa?

2 Likes

Hebrew first. English and French second. Arabic in school, which I really suck at. Probably better at speaking French than English, as, according to a Frenchman today “I did not sound like a Jew, but a Parisian.” I think she meant “Israeli”, but whatever. Half my family is French-speaking.

Back on topic, since @SkyzykS says framing is art, I will reveal my very first attempt at framing, done because the framer wanted an absurd amount of money to shadow box this plate (mainly I think because he was afraid to have it in his shop). It’s about 14cm deep.

2 Likes

Very sharp!

Been getting into “Invincible” the last couple of months. Great comic (soon a tv series I hear), and just a wealth of very cool characters obviously influencing my daily doodles :slight_smile:

S

3 Likes