The Meathead Art Thread

That’s great. I always had difficulty working in such a large scale. I have a buddy who’s a sculptor who I used to drop by when he was working on a 15 foot piece on his front lawn. Every car driving by would slow down and you’d see them mouth “W…T…F…” -lol

S

1 Like

DOODLES???
was considering posting a few of my fashion sketches, not going to any more :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! The old ones were 3-D and made out of 1/8 metal rod, but I thought they would be too heavy made from 3/8 rebar. The old ones didn’t have a faces either. I wanted them to look happy…lol

1 Like

Is that for a Christmas display? Its really great!

1 Like

Yes, we have a little Christmas park by the river. They will stand on each side of the entrance. We will light them with rope light.

1 Like

What Stu said, you give me something bigger than a 13" sheet of paper and suddenly I’m a child learning basic depth perception lol. Kudos.

1 Like

Very cool. Please share when they’re done.

S

1 Like

Lol I can’t not draw no matter where I am. Here’s a page of my doodles from a meeting at work today. Can you tell I was watching a documentary on the making of Aliens earlier?

Also, please share! I love seeing what other people enjoy doing.

S

4 Likes

6 Likes

Those are great. Granted I don’t know much about fashion design, but I do enjoy collecting behind the scenes or making of books of various movies and I’m always interested to see the different possible directions they go in with the character designs.

S

1 Like

Thanks! I’m into wedding dresses. I want to design a collection where every dress represents a country. The first one is just a fun one I came up with- I call it the “Silicon Valley”. The idea is to borrow Nike’s instant customization tech so each person can change the color of the outfit through their phone. The sleeves, neck piece and skirt are removable and the bodice can be clipped in. Then throw a blazer on top of the outfit and instant business casual!

The second one is China

New work from my youngest son.

6 Likes

Trying to throw the few drawing videos I’ve done the last year on YouTube. All are time compressed (under a minute for most).

S

3 Likes

8 Likes

Just great!

S

1 Like

Some doodles from work :slight_smile:

S

6 Likes

These are my Final Fantasy 14 characters that I had commissioned from a professional artist.

2 Likes

Some digital doodles

S

5 Likes

3 Likes

Sons working on a alien sculpt

4 Likes