The Math of Calories & Protein

Do you guys keep a journal of waht you eat or just estimate your protein and calorie intake? The thread with the cookies got me all confused now. I’m confused as to how many calories I should be getting a day for optimum growth. I will be eating clean foods along with sometimes bulking foods.

Weight: 197
Height: 6’3
Body fat is pretty low probably close to single digits.

You should write out a plan to begin with.

After that it becomes routine.

I don’t have to look at a log to know I need to eat some nuts and a piece of fruit 3 hours after breakfast.

I just do because I’m hungry and thats the food I eat now.

[quote]sed26 wrote:
Do you guys keep a journal of waht you eat or just estimate your protein and calorie intake? The thread with the cookies got me all confused now. I’m confused as to how many calories I should be getting a day for optimum growth. I will be eating clean foods along with sometimes bulking foods.

Weight: 197
Height: 6’3
Body fat is pretty low probably close to single digits.[/quote]

yes, Down to the gram. That being said my protein intake is always the same when I measure out my meals(ie every tupperware with chicken is 100g) so I always know what I’m getting but I’m more obsessive than most. Once you get into a routine it just becomes second nature though.

PeterD

actually, I just started using fitday.com to log my dietary intake over the course of the day. Granted, I’m not aiming for specific numbers on anything, but I do enjoy seeing a visual breakdown of where my calories are coming from, and exactly how much of this and that I’m eating throughout the day.

when I’m hungry, I eat. when I eat, I log it into FitDay. very simple.

Forgot to mention I use calorie King to track everything. Tons of stuff in there even if you eat not so clean.

PeterD

Padilla, i actually use FitDay as a software version. Although it has some shortcomings, but i am astounded with this tool! It made calorie-counting and meal planning as easy as 1-2-3… Great thing!