T Nation

The Mars Rover Made It!

Good news for science!

One of my friends studied Astrophysics, never seen him so excited lol

[quote]Makavali wrote:
One of my friends studied Astrophysics, never seen him so excited lol[/quote]

I absolutely loved astrophysics and all the NASA stuff when I was little. I still do to an extent. We just need to get a man on Mars. If NASA will keep even remotely to their schedule then I might just see that happen in my lifetime!

This is the kinda stuff I do not mind spending tax dollars on.

I’m waiting for it to pan it’s camera around, recording a blurry, fast moving, life-form a fraction of second before it knocks out the video feed. Then wet, gurgling, breathing sounds broadcasting until it destroys the audio stream.

We had a land rover on Mars as far back as the 1970’s. Or, perhaps that was just a stationary camera I’m not sure. I think it was called “Viking.”

I watched the live stream last night. Lot of brains in one room.

[quote]ZEB wrote:We had a land rover on Mars as far back as the 1970’s. Or, perhaps that was just a stationary camera I’m not sure. I think it was called “Viking.”[/quote]Yeah, but this is soooo cool.

I am secretly hoping that it looks something like this.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:We had a land rover on Mars as far back as the 1970’s. Or, perhaps that was just a stationary camera I’m not sure. I think it was called “Viking.”[/quote]Yeah, but this is soooo cool.
[/quote]

That specific project cost something like 2.5 billion so I hope it’s more than just cool.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[/quote]

That specific project cost something like 2.5 billion so I hope it’s more than just cool.[/quote]Me too. I hope it’s also neato as well =]

Check out this cool pic of space, guys!

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Check out this cool pic of space, guys![/quote]Are you sure you didn’t get that mixed up with wunna yer brain scans =D

If this thread gets too much lulz in it, they are gonna move it to GAL.

/lulz

Zing!

You got me good.

Slight mistake.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:Slight mistake.[/quote]SLIGHT mistake? That truck would float off into space way up there. There’s no air outside of the Martian atmosphere to fill that chute and probably not enough gravity at that distance to draw an object that size. Slight mistake he says. That’s an engineering disaster.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Slight mistake.[/quote]

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:Slight mistake.[/quote]SLIGHT mistake? That truck would float off into space way up there. There’s no air outside of the Martian atmosphere to fill that chute and probably not enough gravity at that distance to draw an object that size. Slight mistake he says. That’s an engineering disaster.
[/quote]

Perhaps it is a solar sail.