The Magic of Mushrooms

[quote]SeanParent wrote:

[quote]maverick88 wrote:
For those that have done them what are your thoughts onb music? I have tripped only tripped twice with no music but, have been told that music is a must. Any suggestions? I think I would prefer music with little to no lyrics.[/quote]

PINK FLOYD, probably one of the greatest bands to listen to if you’re going take a trip. I’d start with Dark Side of the Moon, but The Wall is just as good. Actually if you want to trip and watch shit and listen to music…than syncronize dark side with the wizard of oz…or just watch The Wall.[/quote]

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
I’ve done a ton of shrooms and a ton of acid. And you know what? They’re the same fucking drug! Sure, the high is a little different, but the bottom line is that you’ll be having visual and auditory hallucinations and you’ll get all analytical about shit. Sometimes, its the shrooms that are really potent and the acid is weak, or the other way around.

[/quote]

I personally find them very different from each other. I suppose everybody reacts to them in a different way.

For me anyway…

Shrooms: Get very analytical and introspective. I have had actual, life-altering epiphanies on shrooms which actually stand up to scrutiny long after the trip has worn off. My decision to move to Japan was made after 4 grams of homegrown shrooms. I rarely have visuals on shrooms but find that they accentuate the features of nature extremely well. In fact, I don’t think I’ll ever do shrooms indoors again. The late Terrence McKenna was a bit of a nutjob in some regards but had some very interesting theories on how and why psilocybin cubenis came into existance, one of which involved it enhancing the visual acuity of forest creatures in their natural surroundings. I have to be around the right group of people to enjoy mushrooms, and can get paranoid if surrounded by strangers.

Acid: Intense and very visual, but I am perfectly aware that I am tripping balls and completely in control of myself. Common visual patterns for me are tracers and “stamps” (where you look at an image, close your eyes and see it projected in different colours and orientations on your eyelids). For some reason I get the odd sensation of being constantly wet while on acid. The group of people I am around doesnt matter as much. I find that I always feel great the day after an acid trip, and almost refreshed. With shrooms I feel a bit off the next day

Yea I have to agree, they are different at low-mid doses. However, I understand what he means by them being the same. If you have ever taken a very high dose of any psychedelic. When your in the midst of total ego annihilation, you realize they all take you to the same place. At very high doses, its hard to remember or distinguish between whether your on LSD, mushrooms, or DMT.

[quote]gbock wrote:
yea i like mushrooms too, sometimes ill put cheese cubes in the mushroom caps drizzle them with olive oil and black pepper and bake them. Man! its soo good! even the spray easy cheese is good in there too!

see what i did there…

[/quote]

Obviously not the right variety of mushrooms because these taste like absolute shit and stain your teeth till you wipe em off or brush em.

I try and take em, and brush my teeth before/during the trip kicking in.

Best I ever had was crumbled over a roast beef and chedder sandwhich.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

So if you want pure shit, go to the hippies. I think people’s bad trips on acid are from one of two things: either “dirty” acid given to people who have little to no experience with drugs beyond smoking weed, or the person tripping out is just wound too tight for hard, mind-altering drugs to begin with.[/quote]

Agreed re: bad trips.

Closest thing I saw to a bad trip was when a friend and I took acid and he hadnt slept in 48 hours due to being in law school. He got pretty overwhelmed here and there. He did not end up a sweating mess in an insane asylum. Fine the next day.

I had told him it was a bad idea.