The Lost (Yeah You, Gaby)

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:
I’ve been a big fan of eugenics for years. Look it up, choose your wives carefully.[/quote]

x1000

I’ve been a big fan of eugenics for years. Look it up, choose your wives carefully.[/quote]

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_alpha/help_me_brothers

Similar to gaby, you’ve been training for 3 years and you to are weak as shit. GTFO.

Spoke to a friend of mine yesterday (age 17), told me he didn’t train yesterday because he was so sweaty after 1 chin up.

We’ve had many younger people come and work with us as labourers; some have refused to work because it was too hot and believed they deserved some sort of reward for doing 20 odd trips with a wheelbarrow.

Saw a dude I went to school with the other week, he raved on in the senior year because he could bench 100kg(220). After asking what his bench was now his reply was 105kg(231), it’s been 6 years since we finished school (he’s also a personal trainer).

I dont see how knowing one person that gets tired after doing one pullup or how somneone cant lift a 35 pound dumbell after three years of training reflects on a whole generation. No doubt there is some pathetic people out there (strength wise) but also there is some that are exceptional. The bench press record just got broken at the NFL combine so obviously some people are doing something right. I think it is too easy to find a group of weaklings and say “this generations is going to shit because of video games.”

EDITED

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:
I dont see how knowing one person that gets tired after doing one pullup or how somneone cant lift a 35 pound dumbell after three years of training reflects on a whole generation. No doubt there is some pathetic people out there (strength wise) but also there is some that are exceptional. The bench press record just got broken at the NFL combine so obviously some people are doing something right. I think it is too easy to find a group of weaklings and say “this generations is going to shit because of video games.”

EDITED[/quote]

Thats a great point Maiden, it seems like there is just becoming a bigger gap in our generation between those that want to achieve something in their life by their own hard work, versus those that want to be spoonfed. I reckon the gap between those two groups is much greater than it has been due to enabling parents vs. strong-willed parents.

it is threads like these that really do help. i am 20 and when i started only a couple years ago all i wanted was the arms chest and abs lol… then i read forums on this site that said you gotta eat you gotta work hard, you gotta do the things you dont like. I took that to heart because i was getting nowhere listening to skinny friends. I wasted a good year or more of my life failing.

So i ballooned up to 95kg & did all the things i didnt like eg squats (now love them).

you need a boot up the ass and these threads are great, young people need to be set straight… maybe even yelled at to understand.

When i first started to actually lift and listen i asked a guy what he did, he told me to fuck off break a sweat then come see him, i never seen him again but getting yelled at really did push me and i wonder sometimes whether he would talk to me now

These threads are needed

It’s funny how the generations think so differently than one another. I know the old saying that “your young and you know everything” but honestly it’s almost as fitting for the older generation as well. It’s unbelievable how many times a day i’ve heard from older people at work spouting off about things they clearly know nothing about, however just because they are “older and wiser” they inevitably no more than the younger folks.

In general you should stick with and follow those whom have achieved the goals you want and if your an older person work with a younger guy whom has a similar drive and work ethic to yourself. Despite his age you wouldn’t ask your 50 year old obese uncle for advice on fitness because regardless how old he is he doesn’t have any expertise in that field. The same works in reverse most young lifters don’t want to work hard because most of them don’t plan on sticking with it. Find a guy who’s in it for the long haul and i’ll bet you’ll find he’s not all that different from you X.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

EDITED[/quote]

Bullshit. That was why I brought up the military. If this were some minority of the group slacking off to this degree, the entire way they train new soldiers wouldn’t have to change to accommodate the overwhelming flood of fatasses.

Yes, there may be some who work hard…but it seems to more and more be they who are the minority now.

I mean, honestly, the average gym scene lately looks like the same setting outside a coffee shop. the people who even work hard enough to sweat are so few and far between that people working hard stand out as odd balls.

No, it IS a whole generation and they aren’t even to blame for it.

Their stupid parents are.

[quote]behexen wrote:
It’s funny how the generations think so differently than one another. I know the old saying that “your young and you know everything” but honestly it’s almost as fitting for the older generation as well. It’s unbelievable how many times a day i’ve heard from older people at work spouting off about things they clearly know nothing about, however just because they are “older and wiser” they inevitably no more than the younger folks.

[/quote]

I have to agree. A lot of older people i work with are just like that. Some people never grow up.

[quote]behexen wrote:
[/quote]

Again, being a dipshit isn’t age dependent, we addressed this a page ago. Both young and old alike are stupid.

That isn’t the point trying to be made, at all.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

EDITED[/quote]

Bullshit. That was why I brought up the military. If this were some minority of the group slacking off to this degree, the entire way they train new soldiers wouldn’t have to change to accommodate the overwhelming flood of fatasses.

Yes, there may be some who work hard…but it seems to more and more be they who are the minority now.

I mean, honestly, the average gym scene lately looks like the same setting outside a coffee shop. the people who even work hard enough to sweat are so few and far between that people working hard stand out as odd balls.

Their stupid parents are.[/quote]

I think the average gym scene looking like a coffe shop has as much to do with the older generation picking up weight training late and just working out to prevent a heart attack as it does with the younger generation. The majority of people I see in my gym spending more time conversating than training is the older gen.

I dont believe the military has changed its training out of necessity because of the young generation being fatasses. Maybe the Army,I dont know, but the PT standards for the Marines hasnt changed in years. And any changes in the Army is on them.

I do agree parents have something to due with the younger kids not participating in sports and playing world of warcraft (and wearing skinny jeans wtf) would fall on the parents. But I still dont think it is the whole generation.

I am a part of the new generation and I say, we suck pretty much. Really. Especially with this new mentality of “it’s alright to common” and this new crap of men wanting to look like girls. There are exceptions but we are about 0,5%.

I am considered a freak among other people my age for weighting over 230 pounds and benching and squatting “a lot of weight” on their parameters or for actually looking good. People even frown at me because I speak out against being a “normal” piece of lazy turd, what the hell. The world needs a serious turn-around otherwise I can’t bear to imagine what would people be like 20 years from now.

Imo, it’s definitely the whole generation.
The world has become soft, (well Australia has anyway).
With childhood obesity continously rising it’s only going to get worse.

When the human animal begins to shape its ideal lifestyle toward laziness and convenience, rather than health, achievement and personal development; we instill these things in our offspring.

I work out, my 14 year old son works out. Could be a coincidence.
Genetics or environment? I think it is environment. I graduated from college, my oldest son graduated from college and son # 2 is already preparing for college in the 9th grade. Kids usually copy their parents.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

EDITED[/quote]

Their stupid parents are.[/quote]

I think the average gym scene looking like a coffe shop has as much to do with the older generation picking up weight training late and just working out to prevent a heart attack as it does with the younger generation. The majority of people I see in my gym spending more time conversating than training is the older gen.

I dont believe the military has changed its training out of necessity because of the young generation being fatasses. Maybe the Army,I dont know, but the PT standards for the Marines hasnt changed in years. And any changes in the Army is on them.

I do agree parents have something to due with the younger kids not participating in sports and playing world of warcraft (and wearing skinny jeans wtf) would fall on the parents. But I still dont think it is the whole generation.
[/quote]

I can’t speak for the other branches, but I just got out of the Navy. I served for six years as a nuke and I can say with all certainty that PT was seen as little more than a joke, even in training. When somebody failed the PFA, the chief recording the scores would usually lie. Even with the ones that did get recorded as failing 3 or more times, they were not discharged. They were usually just sent to the Enterprise (being sent to the Enterprise is the ultimate punishment for a nuke).

Now that I am out, I have just started college (University of Pittsburgh) and I am just plain shocked at the “intelligence” displayed by the 18 year olds. It is not so bad in my calculus and calculus-based physics classes, but in my history and English classes it is just amazing. My history class meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Last Tuesday, my professor said that we will have an exam this Tuesday (yesterday) and we will have a review on Thursday. On Thursday, he came into class and said “Okay, review. What are you guys not clear on?” This one girl asks him if he is going to tell us what to review. He responds that the test will consist of questions on the topics discussed in the lectures and the assigned reading. This actually caused an outrage. These guys actually expected the professor to tell them exactly what was on the test. In my English class, I am just surprised by how many of them can’t fucking read.

This is what teachers should give students when they fail a test instead of a gold star

I would love to be able to say that I have a hard time believing that someone could barely curl 35 pounds but the sad fact is its not hard to believe. The other week I was watching a old episode of “MADE” and this kid goes to the gym and can barely bench press five pound dumbbells, he was squirming and strain like fuck and almost needed a spot. Seriously how can anyone actually be that physically weak? It blows my fucking mind. I’m surprise his spine didn’t snap from just carrying his own weight.

successful troll

[quote]lemonman456 wrote:
successful troll[/quote]

I don’t think so, I think he is honestly just another kid in search of the “perfect program” that will get him huge AND myspace abz jacked in a few months.

I was in the same boat when I first started. Just like every other kid who goes to the gym to do the same exact sets and reps with the same exact weight on bench and curls. It’s until I saw threads and posts from PX, Stu, H4M and all the other bigger/stronger guys on this site that I actually found a passion for eating a shit ton and getting stronger.

And I’ll second what DeltaOne said: I think it’s weird how I’M the odd one because I choose to not party on a weeknight (I don’t drink at all, but I’m singling out week nights) because I know I have a day ahead of me filled with a gym session, class, homework, possibly a lab, and most of the time an exam to study for or a project/report to finish. They also think I’m weird for eating nothing but chicken, broccoli, and jar after jar of peanut butter, but I agree with them on that one lol

[quote]JCrisp91 wrote:

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_alpha/help_me_brothers

Similar to gaby, you’ve been training for 3 years and you to are weak as shit. GTFO.[/quote]
No I haven’t been training for 3 years. I’ve had many many set backs. Translates to about 10months training probably. At least I don’t give up.

Ya douche.

peanut butter is goood :slight_smile: