T Nation

The Long Road to Strong-ish?

Exercises: Rest 1-2 minutes between sets.
1 x 8-10-rep work set / 1-2 x 6-rep prep sets

1. Back Squat 295
    hold at 90 degrees
  2. Dumbbell Shoulder Press 40s
    hold at forehead level
  3. Dip
    hold at 90 degrees
  4. Pec Deck or Cable Cross-over Orange Band
    hold at peak contraction
  5. DB Front Raise 25s
    hold at peak contraction

Whew…295 with 3 second pauses. Got to 6 then repped a couple regular singles.

1 Like

Did the BWNL 4, 5, and 6 this weekend when I had time. Nothing crazy pretty easy going. I did notice bodyweight finally coming down and my chins are getting way easier. I’m sure the body weight is helping that but my arms are getting somewhat bigger as well even with the weight coming down. Weight is 215lbs this morning.

1 Like

W5D1 BWNL

xercises: Rest 1-2 minutes between sets.
1 x 6-8-rep work set / 1-2 x 6-rep prep sets

1. Zercher Squat 205
  2. Incline Bench Press 245 (really high incline)
  3. Decline Dumbbell Triceps Extension 30s
  4. Low-Incline Dumbbell Front Raise 20s
  5. Seated Calf Raise
1 Like

W5D1 and D2 BWNL

Day 1

1 x 6-8-rep work set / 1-2 x 6-rep prep sets

1. Romanian Deadlift 315
    elevate front half of feet on 10-lb plates
  2. Chins
  3. Barbell Curl 85
  4. Shoulder-Width Grip Upright Row 90
    pull to sternum bottom
  5. EZ Bar Reverse Curl 75

Day 2

1. Back Squat 275
    hold at 90 degrees
  2. Dumbbell Shoulder Press 40s
    hold at forehead level
  3. Dip
    hold at 90 degrees
  4. Pec Deck or Cable Cross-over Orange Band
    hold at peak contraction
  5. DB Front Raise 20s
    hold at peak contraction

Woke up and couldn’t go back to sleep so hit Day 2 early this morning. I like working in the morning only because it’s cooler in the shop, but beyond I can’t really get fired up to hit lifts that early. I think that is the major reason why I don’t do it. Squats today felt mediocre at best. I mean my weight is coming down so it’s understandable but doing 20lbs more last week felt about the same…at roughly the same body weight. It’s just hard to get going early with this stuff for me anyway.

1 Like

Forced deload…sigh…poison ivy again. This time though it’s literally everywhere. Literally. Going to urgent care today to get the steroid injection and the z pack. We were having the land cleared because I was tired of getting it. However they needed a couple fence posts pulled. I didn’t see any poison ivy anywhere. But it was there…must have spread it all over while showering. Probably just push ups and stuff like that if I can without ripping one of those gross wounds open. Fuck pouson ivy.

1 Like

It randomly cooled off so I got a session in.

W5D4 BWNL

1. Leg Curl 115
    hold at peak contraction
  2. Trap Bar Row 155
    hold at peak contraction
  3. Dumbbell Hammer Curl 40s
    hold at peak contraction
  4. Trap bar Shrug 155
    hold at peak contraction
  5. Cable Curl 70
    hold at mid range

Taking Prednisone taper starting with 60mg 12 tablets and just taking one less a day until gone. I can’t sleep and I’m not eating much and still putting on a shit load of weight. When I finally went in Saturday to get the steroid treatment I had to force my eyes open to see and it was starting to blur pretty bad. Felt like I had a lump in my throat and when they tested my spO2 it was 86, 88 and finally hit 92 after sitting a minute. Poison ivy literally got every where. So we had a bobcat forestry mulcher come out and clear some land because obviously poison ivy…and I’m tired of getting it. But it must have aerosolized the shit…as well as me getting some of the oil on my hands from moving some t posts out of their way. Even though I always hose off and wash up before doing anything this oil must have still been on there. Anyway long post for me. It’s getting somewhat better just need sleep at this point.

Hang in there, man. Hopefully you’re on the mend now.

1 Like

Wow, man. That really sucks, sounds like you got it pretty bad… Hoping for a quick recovery

1 Like

It sucks, but I’m kind of used to it. The stuff is every where out here. Luckily one more round of clearing and mulching should make it much much better and at least manageable. If I get just get some shut eye tonight, I should be right as rain.

1 Like

Good to hear man, rest up.

Rest…we got another random rain shower. Cooled it off a bit so I hit another session. These later week Best Workout sessions are pretty easy going at least.

W5D5 BWNL

1 x 8-10-plus rep work set / 1-2 x 6-rep prep sets

1. Leg Extension 140
  2. Machine Chest Press or Smith Machine tried 315 (4 reps) dropped 275 for 8
  3. Rope Triceps Press-down 70
  4. Dumbbell Lateral Raise 30s
  5. Pec Deck or Cable Cross-over Orange Band