T Nation

The Lincoln Movie

Is the movie factual or a crock?

Discuss?

It’s obviously factual.
Like totally.

Why else do you think there are so few vampires left in the USA ?

[quote]kamui wrote:
It’s obviously factual.
Like totally.

Why else do you think there are so few vampires left in the USA ?
[/quote]

Hahaha.

This is an interesting read: http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/29/steven-spielberg-historian/

It makes the case that the filmmakers may have actually added a bit to our historical understanding of Lincoln by making a pair of highly plausible and somewhat original guesses. Which, if true, would be pretty remarkable.

I haven’t seen the movie yet, though.

[quote]kamui wrote:
It’s obviously factual.
Like totally.

Why else do you think there are so few vampires left in the USA ?
[/quote]

The one that just came out. This is not a roll/bread.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]kamui wrote:
It’s obviously factual.
Like totally.

Why else do you think there are so few vampires left in the USA ?
[/quote]

Hahaha.

This is an interesting read: http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/29/steven-spielberg-historian/

It makes the case that the filmmakers may have actually added a bit to our historical understanding of Lincoln by making a pair of highly plausible and somewhat original guesses. Which, if true, would be pretty remarkable.

I haven’t seen the movie yet, though.[/quote]

I read your link and one thing troubles me – why would he send Sherman to lay waste to the South, then try and negotiate with them?

It is worth seeing for his intellectual curiosity in regards to Euclid.

[quote]kamui wrote:
It’s obviously factual.
Like totally.

Why else do you think there are so few vampires left in the USA ?
[/quote]

I think he was talking about the one that just came out November 8th (I think). I could be wrong and HH is just behind on his movie viewing.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]kamui wrote:
It’s obviously factual.
Like totally.

Why else do you think there are so few vampires left in the USA ?
[/quote]

I think he was talking about the one that just came out November 8th (I think). I could be wrong and HH is just behind on his movie viewing.[/quote]

Swing and a miss.

I saw the movie on Thursday. Thought it was a good movie with a great performances by D. Lewis as Lincoln and Tommy lee Jones as Thaddeus Stevens and Sally Fields as Mary Lincoln.

I didnt like how they made JGL look like John Wilks Booth…I thought that was odd.

DDL for Oscar

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
I saw the movie on Thursday. Thought it was a good movie with a great performances by D. Lewis as Lincoln and Tommy lee Jones as Thaddeus Stevens and Sally Fields as Mary Lincoln.

I didnt like how they made JGL look like John Wilks Booth…I thought that was odd.

DDL for Oscar[/quote]

How did they do that (the JGL part)? I must have missed it that part. I wasn’t as interested in the movie itself as seeing Lewis act. He is amazing in every role and of course this was no exception.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
I saw the movie on Thursday. Thought it was a good movie with a great performances by D. Lewis as Lincoln and Tommy lee Jones as Thaddeus Stevens and Sally Fields as Mary Lincoln.

I didnt like how they made JGL look like John Wilks Booth…I thought that was odd.

DDL for Oscar[/quote]

How did they do that (the JGL part)? I must have missed it that part. I wasn’t as interested in the movie itself as seeing Lewis act. He is amazing in every role and of course this was no exception. [/quote]

Just look up pictures of wilks booth and then JGL in lincoln…to me they look similar…hairstyle and mustache.

What superpowers did they give Lincoln in this film?

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
What superpowers did they give Lincoln in this film?[/quote]

Great idea for a movie: Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Eisenhower are the 4 presidents who must save the galaxy from aliens.

You know you’d buy a ticket to that shit.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
What superpowers did they give Lincoln in this film?[/quote]

Great idea for a movie: Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Eisenhower are the 4 presidents who must save the galaxy from aliens.

You know you’d buy a ticket to that shit. [/quote]

Nah, documentaries really aren’t my thing.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]kamui wrote:
It’s obviously factual.
Like totally.

Why else do you think there are so few vampires left in the USA ?
[/quote]

I think he was talking about the one that just came out November 8th (I think). I could be wrong and HH is just behind on his movie viewing.[/quote]

Swing and a miss.[/quote]

Cricket analogy?

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]kamui wrote:
It’s obviously factual.
Like totally.

Why else do you think there are so few vampires left in the USA ?
[/quote]

I think he was talking about the one that just came out November 8th (I think). I could be wrong and HH is just behind on his movie viewing.[/quote]

Swing and a miss.[/quote]

Cricket analogy?[/quote]

Six!

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]kamui wrote:
It’s obviously factual.
Like totally.

Why else do you think there are so few vampires left in the USA ?
[/quote]

I think he was talking about the one that just came out November 8th (I think). I could be wrong and HH is just behind on his movie viewing.[/quote]

Swing and a miss.[/quote]

Cricket analogy?[/quote]

Six![/quote]

Ahahaha…nice