T Nation

The Life Of Pablo: 2018 T-ransformation Log

t-ransformation2018

I’ll keep it simple here to start but maybe update with a bit more information when I get time - this is just to get a picture up for the 2018 T-ransformation challenge;

Vital statistics;
Height: 6’2
Weight: 196lbs
Photo: See below

My aim for the challenge is to get my body weight down to about 180lbs before adding on a bit more size, while continuing to get stronger on each of the main lifts.

One rep maxes;
Bench: 100kg
Deadlift: 170kg
Squat: 150kg
Overhead Press: 70kg

Advice and/or feedback is of course welcomed throughout

Your overhead press strength is really good!

Thanks. To be fair it is my favourite lift! Something quite primal about simply seeing how much weight you can lift & support up over your head.

Plus, with the amount of running we have to do I don’t often get the chance to deadlift & squat at maximal weights so those lifts suffer slightly.

One of my main strength goals is to complete a BW Press, 1.5 BW Bench, 2 BW Squat & 2.5 BW Deadlift so still a lot of progress needed on them.

As mentioned in the Official Challenge Thread, Week 1 was a bit of a disaster due to sickness & holiday, but I did manage to fit in 2 workouts.

As I’ll detail below, my current lifting plan consists of just 2 workouts (A & B) that target the full body. I like to keep things as simple as possible in the weights room so this has worked well for me & I’ll most likely keep this program until I’m able to get down to 180lbs. At that stage I may consider something with a bit more volume to try & pack on size but that’ll be a few weeks away yet.

My first proper day of training / diet was as follows;

Breakfast;
Lean bacon & scrambled eggs

Pre Workout;
BCAA, Creatine & L-Glutamine mix

Post Workout;
Double scoop whey protein shake

Lunch;
Rump steak, sweet potato & green beans

Dinner;
Seasoned mince & Mexican style rice

Last Meal;