The Left vs. the Left

That can’t be true, they’re outcomes are soooooooo much better. At least so I’m told, repeatedly…

No, it’s not. I work in research. Contrary to popular belief, the US leads research in most areas by a country mile, and that includes stem cell research. The presence of a few notable research institutes abroad does not negate the absolute domination of research that the US has. It is analogous to saying that because there is a John Elway or Dan Marino playing in African or Australian football somewhere that the NFL is far behind in the quality of football we play here. One would be an idiot to claim that, and everybody knows it. One or a handful of players do not make a league, and just as in the analogy the reality is that we pretty much lead the pack in numerous research areas, and are elite in all of them.

We put out more quality research papers than any other country and it’s not even close. We invest more in research than all of Europe put together.

You also have yet to explain why, even though veterans are in fact dying waiting for the VA, and even though they represent a much, MUCH smaller population than the entire country the government should be trusted to run the entire healthcare industry like the VA.

1 Like

I posted this in another thread probably a month or two ago. It was ignored, of course.

Yep. That’s pretty much the size of it. There is a reason other countries send their graduate students over here to get trained. There’s also a reason a lot of them stay here rather than go back.

1 Like

And your answer to those facts are it’s 1%. Do you think it matters at all?

Care to post any studies to bolster your claims or should I just believe you?

The U.S. does not lead in stem cell research, they are far behind. You’d think we would be the leader in such cutting edge medicine but we are not. Why? Could it have something to do with stem cells can’t be patent and work so much better than Big Pharmas garbage pharmaceuticals with little to no side effects that Big Pharma is afraid to loose money?

1 Like

Where is the U.S. in terms of stem cell therapy? While other countries like Panama are using umbilical cord blood stem cells and are actually treating real live human beings to good effect and have been doing so for years. The U.S. is still conducting clinical trials using stem cells derived from fat and bone marrow. 2 sub-par stem cell cultures.

They probably stay here to pay off their gargantuan loans. Doctors in the U.S. are generally paid better. I’m not saying that the U.S. doesn’t have some good points but they are dominated by Big Pharma. They usually fund the studies and I wouldn’t be surprised if they fund the textbooks either.

1 Like

You’re acting like bankruptcy is a major problem for America’s . It is not. Less than 1% of Americans file each year and of that <1% like 60% are related to medical bills. That is not a compelling reason to raise taxes on everyone.

I have no idea, why don’t you provide information for once.

I believe the real fools are the one’s who know “they” can get better elsewhere, yet sit around wishing things would magically change to their way thinking.

Shit if utopia is right across the Atlantic, why do these fools not just buy a ticket and leave?

I am in the perfect situation, work hard and buy anything I need and or want. I don’t have to, nor do I want to have to rely on any one else for my needs. I don’t have time to wait for fair, I have gone out into the real world and made it fair.

The only one standing between myself and greater success and comfort is me.

So no studies, no parroting, no wild fantasy’s, just my personal experience. Hard work and personal responsibility have worked for every person I have seen truly apply these principles.

2 Likes

Very little? But costs did go up, correct?
Considering that half of the people making minimum wage is between 16-24, I am not inclined to support a minimum wage increase over the standard of living increase and that should be reactionary, not preemptive.
When output of money increases, businesses will spread the cost of that increase around. If you have to pay minimum workers more, people at different points of the pay scales are affected. They do not get raises or their raises are less.
Jobs also get cut. Maybe not at the minimum level, but at higher levels, people lose jobs to pay for the increase. Is you stance, ‘fuck them’?
But these are the people who are likely to have family’s, sick parents, far more economic stresses than the minimum wage worker.
So what, screw them?
The question you have to ask yourself is, who do you want to screw over so that teenagers who live with their parents can make a higher minimum. Whose lives are worth ruining for a higher minimum wage? Someone always pays, and it’s not the company that pays, it’s the consumers and the employees of the companies that pay the price.

You’ve clearly never held a real job. Most employees rejoice when the company makes money and are scared to death when the company loses money.

You Bernie Sanders freaks want to ‘get’ these big bad companies and make them pay. They don’t pay, the employees and consumers pay. If the company does not make money, people lose their jobs. How much blood are you willing to spill for your social justice? How many families are you willing to put in peril to raise the minimum wage?
Are you willing to pick out the people who are to suffer for your social justice?
Companies don’t pay, people pay.

What you talk about misses the point. Why should people have to file bankruptcy because their medical expenses?

1 Like

You can go to clinicvaltrials.gov and see for yourself. What kind of stem cell cultures are being pursued in the U.S.? Why is stem cell therapy not standard of care in the U.S.? You can get treated with stem cells as a therapy in Panama. Not the U.S. why?

And your graph is in regards to trials not actual standard of care applications. You can do thousands of trials but if it doesn’t apply to real life one has to question it’s integrity.

So animals can get the treatment but humans can’t? And Vet Stem has been doing it for years in the U.S.

While this video is 6 years old it still gives an overview of the use of stem cells in disease. This is before The owners of The Stem Cell Institute in Panama figured out umbilical cord blood stem cells are more robust than getting stem cells from patients with diseases. Those stem cells can be dysfunctional.

Where the REAL progress is being made. With the effort to treat the cause rather than Big Pharama’s traditional treatment of managing symptoms.

http://www.medistempanama.com/neil-riordan-phd/

The healthcare system is fundamentally backwards in the U.S. placing profits before health. So if more money can be made managing symptoms vs. treating the cause that is what Big Pharma will focus on. Got to make the shareholders happy and fuck the people who need help. So the public has to suffer so Big Pharma can make more money. Because it’s never enough. Their greed knows no bounds.

Dr. Neil Rhiordan talking about how he U.S. is being left behind about 13:40 in the video. And this video was fairly recent in Oct. 2015

Fucking Amen dude!!!

You’re talking to somebody who works in research, who is a member of several professional organizations.

You’re going to have to do better than that piss poor shit for a response. Numbers. Give me numbers, sources, and references on how many stem cell trials we do compared to other nations, and exactly how we are behind. Don’t be a coward. You want to talk science, do it like a scientist.

Prices did go up but not enough to tangibly effect the business. And your point is?

Families put in peril? A lot more families today are effected positively with a wage increase in the minimum wage. So you have no idea what you are talking about. Your basis of teenagers are the ones who are positively effected by the minimum wage increase and family’s who have sick parents to take care of are negatively affected holds little water.This is easy to see when there aren’t very many good jobs left as there once was as they are being shipped overseas so the shareholders and upper management can make more. Not for the life of the company.

And I’ve held plenty of jobs.

The question you need to ask yourself is, what do the majority of Americans do when they have more disposable income? Do they spend it? If so, that demand increases business because they sell more products and services. And typically this leads to the employers needing to hire more people for the increased demand.

Wow I’m talking to someone who does research, I’m so frightened.

The number of trials isn’t the deciding factor. It is application to help people that counts. Why are stem cells not standard of care in the U.S.? But it is in other countries?

Don’t be a coward. You are in the research field so you should know, almighty one!

This is a typical liberal tactic. Take a miniscule problem, blow it way out of proportion, and then appeal to emotion for more government. About .6% of the population declares bankruptcy annually because of medical bills. It’s a miniscule immaterial amount of people that have to declare bankruptcy, which is legal protection from creditors. It’s a good thing.

You are advocating for the 50% or so of us that actually pay taxes to pay even more than we already do, creating even more bureaucracy, because .6% of the population can’t and ultimately doesn’t pay their medical bills.

Why should the whole population have to pay for each individuals medical bills?

2 Likes