The Left vs. the Left

It’s been at least 15 years since I’ve had the McD, lol, so I wouldn’t know.

1 Like

You’re not missing much, McDonald’s is good for getting a colonic for only $1.

1 Like

I live 2 miles from a Whole Foods and see plenty of fatties in there. I also have friends who are obsessed with the organic movement, with food locally sourced and sustainably farmed, yet still have muffin top and dunlap syndrome (where your belly dunlap over your belt).

3 Likes

You know, it’s funny…my parents didn’t feed me much fast food as a kid, but sometimes the temptation of a quick/easy meal won out, so maybe once a month we’d go to one of the standard fast-food chains. There wasn’t much of a McDonald’s presence at the time, so our fast-food rotated between Burger King, Wendy’s, and my favorite…Arby’s.

I haven’t eaten at an Arby’s in probably fifteen years…but they’re building one on my walk home from work, less than 2 blocks from my apartment. When it opens, I might have to drop in and get a Big Montana and some curly fries, just once, for old times’ sake.

I expect that will probably turn me off fast food forever, lol.

Anyways, back to your regularly scheduled Zep-driven programming.

1 Like

Whole Foods is corporate.

The woods and sky are filled with organic food, but my Whole Foods friends never want to go and kill it with me. What gives?

2 Likes

They hate to acknowledge that there is an animalistic nature to people, that the meat wrapped in cellophane in stores didn’t get there by magic.

1 Like

Of course you don’t understand.

Is the hollowing out of the middle class a fabrication? Do you even know anything about the histories of different economic systems?

Spoken like a true derelict. You demand others who don’t agree with you to cite evidence, but don’t hold yourself up to the same standards. What a hypocrite.

But this is a country that forces people into bankruptcy because they can’t pay the outrageous costs of the free market healthcare system practiced in this country. What other countries force the public into BK? Is the number higher than 0? BK has future negative implications for those who claim it. As getting access to credit is slim to none. So seriously, get a clue.

And why do you care? Wouldn’t that mean our tax burden would be that much less? Something I think you could get behind.

What country, what economic system should we emulate or adopt?

Yes I agree to a certain point. As more and more people are taking charge of their own health as they realize the medical community has let them down. This brings up an interesting point. Why do medical expenses keep rising so much? What about the cheapness of highly processed foods? This ties right in with the lack of disposable income a lot of people are faced with. These are mere internal contradictions of capitalism.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/06/27/how-carbs-can-trigger-food-cravings/?_r=0

Yeah it is real funny when you have been exposed as a hypocrite. LMFAO

Yes it is. A farmers market is better.

1 Like

No one is forced into bankruptcy by anyone. A very small percentage of people find themselves in an unfortunate situation where they can’t afford their medical bills. Bankruptcy protects them from creditors. It is a protection. It is a good thing.

Sorry not sorry that I don’t support a tax hike of lord knows what to create yet another government bureaucracy because an infinitesimal number of American’s will file for bankruptcy due to medical bills, which I end up paying for in the long run anyway.

They force people to pay astronomical tax rates to cover their bloated government services.

You are the biggest fucking simpleton I’ve ever encountered.

Because I’m the type of person that would end up deployed to help them. Fuck, you’re an idiot.

Waiting on this answer for the millionth time.

It was never the medical communities responsibility to take care of people’s health. Medicine is reactive by nature.

That’s like saying, more and more people are taking charge of their own self-defense as they realize the police have let them down. Well, no shit, you should be responsible for your own self-defense.

2 Likes

Interesting, counselor.

If :“evidence” is such a big deal to you, why are you so against the FDA insisting that we perform studies (you know, to give us evidence) on new therapies?

And why are you so lax in evaluating the purported “evidence” you keep citing from cellmedicine (most of which does not say what you think it says?)

2 Likes

Are you saying the ACA is free market healthcare?

1 Like