The Left vs. the Left

You mean farmers? Yeah, they need to eat too.

No, there isn’t. But then again I scanned. How about you find them and LINK THOSE you dolt.

Why the fuck would I? The entire article isn’t linking any actual science, why the hell would I watch a “natural news” esk video with no science in it either?

Fuck if I know, and I don’t care. This is a god damn Strawman for about the 12th time.

You being this fucking retarded, and me continuing to respond to you is embarrassing.

I’m not. All you fucking hippys can label your Whole Foods and Trader Joes apples GMO all you want.

I’ll be over he placing bets on how many of you dip shit starve yourselves to death vs die of preventable diseases because you hate science and vaccines.

2 Likes

Most dieticians are fat slobs, I am more prone to taking nutrition advice from someone who is ripped and jacked.

2 Likes

And, more hilariously, they almost universally follow government guidelines, which is why they usually push grains so hard.

In other words, it’s because of Big Ag, lol…

2 Likes

FTR, GMO food is already effectively labeled. Anything without a big “NO GMO” claim is or has GMOs.

You guys need to get to work on a vaccine against GMO’s. Make their heads explode.

3 Likes

How do you explain the rise in Type II diabetes? Too much calories from whole foods? And conversely how do you explain the reversal of the disease? Calorie restriction from whole foods? Type II diabetes is generally marked by concurrent weight gain.

So, who are we to believe?

Again, you are now talking about something completely different.

1 Like

So the government may force corporations to divulge what is in the product are trying to sell the public and that is okay with you as long as the public is pushing for it? That is freedom in your opinion?

Curious why do you think that the food giants are against this so much so that they have lobbyists trying to keep the public from knowing that there are GMO’s in the products they are attempting to sell them?

That’s not what I wrote, but, sure.

If the people via their representation create laws requiring food company’s to divulge every single God damn thing that goes into their product and it doesn’t violate the Constitution then sure. That isn’t exactly freedom or free market capitalism, but it isn’t tyranny either.

No one fucking cares anyway:

Because there is so much bureaucratic red tape surrounding business in the United States already that what they are fighting against is more bureaucratic red tape. It really has little to do with GMO itself and more to do with burdensome regulation.

On a related note, I’m super happy you’re on board with waiting for the FDA to approve Stem Cell treatments so that consumers know exactly what they do and what the potential side effects are.

This is still blowing my mind.

When it comes to food, Zep tells us that companies should be required to disclose everything about them so the consumer is appropriately educated about what’s in it (I don’t necessarily disagree with this, for what it’s worth)

When it comes to medicine, though, Zep tells us we need to get rid of the FDA approval process (although that is the very process by which the safety and efficacy of treatments is evaluated, the process that assures known side effects of medications can be quantified).

These are fundamentally incompatible positions, Zep.

5 Likes

5 Likes

There is a big difference between local or family farmers and Big-Ag you dolt.

Maybe I posted the wrong article by accident. Here is an article with links to studies. Enjoy! authoritynutrition.com/6-reasons-why-a-calorie-is-not-a-calorie/

The reason why dieticians recommend “healthy” whole grains is because they are taught information that is financially beneficial to those who produce and sell whole grains, mostly by Big-Ag.

As I’ve said before you probably still believe that saturated fats are a major source of heart disease.

And we will all be placing bets on the healthy years you fools that believe there aren’t deleterious effects from the junk you choose to eat. All the while you continue to worship big business and it’s profit at any cost model.

Really? http://www.labelgmos.org/the_science_genetically_modified_foods_gmo

I just… :wat:

1 Like

I’m glad you recognize the rights of people to choose when so much of science is bought and paid for.

https://www.runningthecountry.com/gmos-public-opinion-vs-corporate-science/#.WEmj6E0zXcs

From this:

1: [quote]Same number of calories, vastly different effects on hunger, hormones and metabolic health. Because a calorie is not a calorie.[/quote]

Okay. This doesn’t disprove the weight gain part. I never claimed any of those things reacted the same way to every food type. I said, and I repeat again, “Calories in vs calories out is what determines weight gain”.

2: [quote]The thermic effect of food is a measure of how much different foods increase energy expenditure, due to the energy required to digest, absorb and metabolize the nutrients.[/quote]

Nice. So the article agrees with me. If eating a certain calories increases the work needed to digest it (calories out) your net gain is lower. So… Certain foods increase your caloric output. Which means you can eat more of those foods and not gain weight.

3: [quote]The protein story doesn’t end with increased metabolism.

It also leads to significantly reduced appetite, making you eat less calories automatically.

The studies show that protein is the most fulfilling macronutrient, by far (12, 13).

If people increase their protein intake, they start losing weight without counting calories or controlling portions. Protein puts fat loss on autopilot (14, 15).[/quote]

Right… When you don’t eat as much calories, and maintain the same output, you lose weight. lmao… Did you post this to agree with me?

4: [quote]Different foods have different effects on satiety.

It is also much easier to overeat on some foods than others.

For example, it may be quite easy to eat 500 calories (or more) of ice cream, while you’d have to force feed yourself to eat 500 calories of eggs or broccoli.

This is a key example of how the food choices you make can have a huge impact on the total calories you end up consuming.[/quote]

Right, notice they talk about TOTAL CALORIES?

Oh, I already said all this up-tread.

5:[quote]The studies consistently show that low-carb diets lead to more weight loss, often 2-3 times as much.

One of the main reasons for this is that low-carb diets lead to drastically reduced appetite. People start eating less calories without trying (18, 19).[/quote]

hmmm, I’m seeing a trend… People eat less, and lose more. WOW, NO FUCKIGN WAY! Who would have guessed?

6:[quote]So… the speed at which carb calories hit the system can have a dramatic effect on their potential to cause overeating and weight gain.[/quote]

There it is again… “over eating and weight gain”

Thanks for linking a piece that proves my point lol.

Who gives a fuck what you think I believe? Why would this be relevant to anything? [quote=“Zeppelin795, post:516, topic:216385”]
And we will all be placing bets on the healthy years you fools that believe there aren’t deleterious effects from the junk you choose to eat. All the while you continue to worship big business and it’s profit at any cost model.
[/quote]

I never said anything about health trolly mctrollerson.

1 Like

No one, not one single person, has defended junk food as anything other than junk.

Do you want to know what your problem is, Zep? It’s that you don’t have the ability to understand a) what is being discussed/argued and b) that saying/believing one thing does not necessitate that you believe in the opposite.

I’ve posted this 3 times now:

Macronutrients are THE SECOND MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF A SUCCESSFUL DIET ACCORDING TO THESE AUTHORS. Caloric balance is only about half of the equation.

If you eat shit like a Big Mac, a large fry, and a coke :

You’ve consumed:
Calories: 1,304
Fat: 57g
Carbs: 171g
Protein: 32g

There is no fucking way you are going to hit your caloric balance needs (whatever that is) or your macronutrient needs unless you’re Michael Phelps.

Seriously, spend 5 minutes understanding what people are arguing.

1 Like

Nice try. But the anecdotal evidence for medical marijuana ought to give consumers the choice to take it rather than wait on science to confirm it’s validity. Same for stem cells. Please tell me why you are against allowing consumers to decide?

The FDA is bought and paid for by Big Pharma who brings garbage drugs to the market to suppress symptoms rather than get to a root cause of a disease. If they can make more money by suppressing symptoms rather than cure a disease that is what they will do. They will continue the suffering of the public in order to make more money. .A total disgrace!

So as you can see the positions are not incompatible.

I love how you buy whatever is sold to you as long as it jives with your pre-determined position. I believe the preferred phrase here is “buying the kool aid” or something like that…