The Left vs. the Left

Maybe you should contact the scientific community and let them know you have solved the problem.

What good does it do to leave GMO’s off the label?

While people might be expected to live more years with disease simply as a function of living longer in general, the researchers show that the average number of healthy years has decreased since 1998. We spend fewer years of our lives without disease, even though we live longer.

Is it CLEARLY not true?

As you quote two articles with zero reference to any scientific papers from a website selling e-books and supplements…

Fucking hilarious.

You literally just used capitalism to try and tear down your strawman about capitalism. [quote=“Zeppelin795, post:480, topic:216385”]
This is one of the first things dieticians learn in school.
[/quote]

haha. But you and some jack-wagon with a website built to sell supplements knows better?

right…

Your basic argument is wrong.

It helps stem the tide of mass starvation you science denying lefties are hell bent on causing.

1998 is a lot different than ever. Quantifiably so.

That throughout human history we have been more unhealthy than we are today? Without a doubt that is true. As evidenced by the epidemics medicine has solved.

Seriously though, what is your argument? That we have gotten more unhealthy in the last 20 years (as you point out from the research) or ever? Or just the last 100? Or last 50? The goal posts have moved so much I’m not sure where you put them this time, and it really doesn’t matter anymore. Lets move along, as I suggested previously, to the DHMO epidemic.

I’ve already covered this. Read below…

Well, your own source says you’re wrong…

1 Like

Jus trollin’ bro.

No way I’d recomend removing all of the H2O from the atmosphere. That would pretty much put an end to life on earth.

There is no evidence of risk? Let the consumer decide.

http://responsibletechnology.org/gmo-education/health-risks/

And there is plenty more.

So only being more sick over the past 20 years is something to be proud of? The medical industry in this country is the only industry I’m aware of that can do such a horrible job for their client base and still make more money.

Tell that to the folks who are being diagnosed with Type II diabetes and turning their dire situation around with mostly a change in the types of food they eat.

Do you deny this?

Lol, Jesus dude, you’re talking about something completely different now…

right?

He can’t admit he was wrong, so move the goal posts until he can claim victory… Only sad part is we aren’t even arguing his Strawmen are wrong lol.

1 Like

From the article. Body composition and health is a complex interaction between total calories, macronutrient blend, nutrient timing, metabolism, and energy expenditure. So TC admits that macronutrient blend has something to do with body composition? And from what the article states. His argument is over the reaction of the body to the effects of fructose compared to other carbs. So don’t get hysterical if you eat an apple. As far as the divergent opinions of the effects of fructose who are we to believe? Dr. Raymond Johnson and Dr. Lustwig are not self-appointed health bloggers but serious men in their field of study. Again from the article “volunteers who drank either a glucose beverage or a fructose beverage, the latter stored more belly fat” Neither of the doctors demonized whole fruit as a whole but did talk about the deleterious effects of fruit juice and dried fruit.

What about Big Ag do they not have financial incentives? So we are to believe them but not to believe independent doctors doing research. There are scientific studies linked to the article. Did you watch the video?

Why do classically trained dieticians recommend whole grains(even to diabetics) as a part of a healthy diet if they know so much?

Your argument of a calorie is a calorie is embarrassing. You probably think saturated fats are a main contributor to heart disease. Just a fool trying to hang on.

Labeling GMO’s let the consumer make the choice. Why are you against that freedom?

https://factsaboutgmos.org/ I can do that too.

No one has said macronutrient breakdown doesn’t play a role in body composition. Almost every agrees that calorie in vs. calorie out plays the largest role.

Look at this again…

So are @ActivitiesGuy and @Aragorn and @countingbeans in their respective fields…

1 Like

You’re forcing one entity in a free transaction to provide specific information that a consumer may or may not use when making their decision. That isn’t freedom. That is coercion by the state.

If there’s a demand for GMO labeling, which I believe there is, then, in a free market, someone will provide that. Consumers can then freely support the organization that best aligns with their needs. THAT is freedom.