The Law of Attraction

I think that to understand this one must see the I as the soul, and not the body. People who believe in life after death can do this easily. Part of the workings of this is that it must be something that the I envisions or focuses on.

You cant just look at your penis and wish for a bigger one, your soul has to also want that, most souls don’t care about how big a penis is (luckily mine did and I found thunders place). Anyways, back to the topic at hand. The soul desiring something is what spurs the subconscious into action, the subconscious then in turn spurs the conscious mind into action.

If you have a heavy dose of subconscious direction, your thoughts will continually come back to that one thing.

Take 2 dart players. One has at the soul level made the commitment and has the desire to be a great dart player. When he wakes up in the morning, the first thought that pops into his head, is the dart match he had last week where he took out a big round to defeat someone better than he currently is.

He runs down to his board and throws his darts before he gets ready for work. He enjoys it because his sbconcious is told to enjoy it and thus it allows his concious mind to be satisfied by this activity. Over the next several years the player becomes very good.

Another dart player also wants to be very good, but he has so many things going on in his life, he is spreading his soul level focus too thin, one day it’s darts, the next day it’s bowling, the next day it is his family, the next day it’s his friends, etc… He may stay on any one of these thigs for periods of time, wishing to excel at them for the moment he is there, but throughout the year, he has only spent 20% of his total soul energy on darts, therefore he has put in way less practice than the other player and isn’t much better if at all than he was a year ago.

Now what the secret is trying to let people know, though I think it goes WAY overboard in the new agey mumbo jumbo area, is that with proper focus, you can kinda give the soul some direction on what you as a complete being want. You have a negotiation between your soul and your conscious mind, then your soul gives that subconcious a little push in the direction you want to go.

If you never talk to your self, to your soul, it will just do what it was sent here to do, provide opportunities for you to learn and grow, and most of those come in the form of unpleasant experiences. Just my .02

V

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
slimthugger wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
Sounds like new age crap. Yes, just believe something will happen, don’t bother putting anything into action in trying to achieve it. Who needs hard work or talent to achieve anything if you just wish really hard.

Some scientist beg to differ…

Some people think the earth is flat, some scientists believe that the earth is only 6000 years old also.

“Two new studies are about to report no benefit of having people pray for the sick, the only study underway is nearing completion, and the largest, best-designed project is being published in two weeks. Its eagerly awaited findings could sound the death knell for the field, breathe new life into such efforts, or create new debate.”

Taken right from the article you linked to “help” your argument, two new studies about to report no benefit.

This next quote is in reference to one famous study that was FOR the argument that prayer helped healing.

“But these and other studies have been called deeply flawed. They were, for example, analyzed in the most favorable way possible, looking at so many outcomes that the positive findings could easily have been the result of chance.”

Another one-“Other studies have been even more contentious, such as a 2001 project involving fertility patients that became mired in accusations of fraud.”

Should I keep going? I’m only on the top of the 2nd page of the article.[/quote]

The point was to show you that it’s being debated by people that aren’t just posting on an internet board.

You mean being focused and optimistic will make me more successful? Who woulda thought it!

Most of the new-agey stuff have the same themes running along their core (i.e. focus and optimism). But the rest tends to be not quite as good. Not to say all of it’s shit but most of it isn’t scientific in the slightest. Most of the time it’s anecdotal evidence from the author and people he’s encountered supported by perhaps a few cherry-picked studies. Take the good from it and leave the bad. It never works to use someone else’s manual for living life as your own.

[quote]nowakc wrote:
You mean being focused and optimistic will make me more successful? Who woulda thought it!

Most of the new-agey stuff have the same themes running along their core (i.e. focus and optimism). But the rest tends to be not quite as good. Not to say all of it’s shit but most of it isn’t scientific in the slightest.

Most of the time it’s anecdotal evidence from the author and people he’s encountered supported by perhaps a few cherry-picked studies. Take the good from it and leave the bad. It never works to use someone else’s manual for living life as your own.[/quote]

Well over half the population on the planet subscribe to some type of religious dogma, The new agey crap is going to penetrate a lot deeper regardless of scientific evidence, as would a scientific or logical explanation of events. People want to believe in something more powerful than themselves, they want to do some menial things and be rewarded for them by someone else.

Now this book though it is craps, actually kinda tricks people who think like this (80% of humans) to create thier own future even if they have to think of themselves as just a small little being and some big entity (the univers) giving them things. The truth in my eyes is that I create, my whole existence is created by me and me alone.

When I got to this realization, it was quite empowering. Fear and anger are long gone, why the hell would I be fearful or angry at something I created. Also I don’t go around blaming other people for anything, if I get shot, it’s fucking my fault.

Anyways, sheeple need this soft stuff to help them understand just a fraction of reality. I think it’s a lot better than the old books, fuck they are all riddles and half true stories at best, confuses the shit out of most people. At least this gets people to rely on themselves a little more, even tough they think they are relying on the universe.

V