The Last Samurai

I like that by halfway through the movie, Cruise is speaking decent Japanese yet struggles to find the words for “i’m sorry.”

[quote]sen say wrote:
I cry my eyes out every time I watch it.

I don’t think you should hate on Tom Cruise unless you hate on every other Hollywood/Actor in the world. They’re all the same. Tom Cruise just isn’t ashamed to show the world how dopey he is.[/quote]

He plays General von Stauffenberg.

Ouch.

[quote]Flop Hat wrote:
Fergy wrote:
Flop Hat wrote:
The last samurai was saigo takamari… He was a real samurai who fought against the shogun and then against the emperor. When his rebels died there were no more samurai, there was a federal government.

I say all of that just to point out that Paul Mooney is a retard. On Chapelle’s show and in his stand up he as show a continual lack of general knowledge in every field. The only way his jokes are funny is if someone has never read a book before.

You seem to have missed the point.

What point is that? At no point in the movie is Tom Cruise the last samurai, nor is it implied that he is the last samurai. If I’m not mistaken, there is a cut scene to a famous statue of Saigo Takumari. Paul Moony’s joke is only funny if you have no background knowledge of the film, don’t read anything after the film, and if you fail to notice that Saigo is focus of the movie.

I love Chapelle’s show, but everything that Paul Moony says requires a basic ignorance about life to be funny. I tried watching his stand up routine and it was the same thing. The show should have been titled “Paul Moony makes tired, shallow, uninformed observations on life”[/quote]

You obviously have not really listened to the joke or it totally just flew over your head. Mooney was commenting on the TITLE of these movies and the opposite ethnicity of the lead actors in comparison to the title. The Last Samurai starring Tom Cruise, and The Mexican Starring Brad Pitt. Not on the actual historical revelence of the movie, hence the payoff, “The last N***** on Earth Starring Tom Hanks”. Maybe it’s not Mooney’s jokes that are tired, shallow and uninformed maybe its just ummmm…you.

Tom Cruise sucks balls sure, but you’re all over looking Ben Watanabe’s killer performance.

[quote]Bujo wrote:
Tom Cruise sucks balls sure, but you’re all over looking Ben Watanabe’s killer performance.[/quote]

Watanabe is great…but I think Hiroyuki Sanada(Ujio…the bad ass)was vastly overlooked. Check him out in Twilight Samurai.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Bujo wrote:
Tom Cruise sucks balls sure, but you’re all over looking Ben Watanabe’s killer performance.

Watanabe is great…but I think Hiroyuki Sanada(Ujio…the bad ass)was vastly overlooked. Check him out in Twilight Samurai.[/quote]

Tom Cruise’ biggest problem is that he’s bad at playing a man.

Scroll down to the bottom.

It needed to be re-posted. Maddox doesn’t get enough love.

[quote]Otep wrote:

[/quote]

Maddox fails for thinking Braveheart was shitty. He’s also blind for thinking Mel Gibson was fat. I normally like Maddox’s articles, but everyone puts out a clunker from time to time and that was his.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Otep wrote:

Maddox fails for thinking Braveheart was shitty. He’s also blind for thinking Mel Gibson was fat. I normally like Maddox’s articles, but everyone puts out a clunker from time to time and that was his.[/quote]

Proof.