T Nation

The Last Election!

The following is a breakdown of the last Presidential election. I received this information via E-mail. It was written by a "Prof. Olson". Perhaps many of you will find this information interesting, I know I did:

Population of Counties won by:
Gore=127 million
Bush=143 million

Square miles of land won by:
Gore=580,000
Bush=2,2427,000

States won by:
Gore=19
Bush=29

Murder rate per 100,000 residents won by:
Gore=13.2
Bush=2.1

The article that I gleaned the above stats from goes on to say the following:

"In aggregate the map of the territory Bush won was mostly the land owned by the tax-paying citizens of this great country. Gore's territory encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off government welfare."

I welcome any comments to the above. Is anyone surprised?

Glad to see Bush won the most wide-opens spaces. What was the total number of actual PEOPLE who voted for each? If you could post that stat it would be great!

ZEB,

I had more respect for you than this! That email is a hoax.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/tyler.asp

if you can, tell me the average distance to a significant body of water in the bush states/counties... correlation? yes. causation? hmm...

im just messing around.. dont take this too seriously... im voting democrat this year but ill be willing to vote for the right republican some other election year

From the Urban Legends Reference Page:

Part of the reason for this is that people who live in dense urban areas tend to be Democrats and those in rural areas tend to be Republican.

These stats are meaningless.

Plus it's a fucking hoax Jeff. Did you even read the thread?!

Even the real statistics are damn so close it's damn near meaningless!

Jeff this is hoax!

Hoax or not, city people tend to be democrats and country folk tend to be republicans.