The Knife Thread II

The other one:

[quote]hedo wrote:
I carry a benchmade CQC7. It’s a copy of the Emerson. Tanto point. Very thick. I have one of those benchmade automatic knives also. Great knives, just can’t carry it day to day in the civilian world.[/quote]

Looked it up, that’s a sweet blade. Always been a fan of the Tanto Points.

I’m a big fan of Spydercos since they first came out - my humble collection includes the Delica, Endura, 2 Militaries, Tenacious, Native, Rescue, Clip-It, etc. Would really love a Manix & Pilot to add tho :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/ - if you want to talk to a bunch of blade minded folks

From Cold Steel I carry the Vaquero, Recon 1, & Tanto

My first real “combat” knife though was the Benchmade Emerson CQC-7 - simply awesome knife that can take a beating, classic design. I followed that up with a Nimravus & the Gerber Applegate -Fairbairn combat folder

My EDC is just the Tenacious right now but for a blade made in China, not Golden, CO I’m impressed with how it does. (I work in shipping so I’m always cutting something open)

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
hedo wrote:
I carry a benchmade CQC7. It’s a copy of the Emerson. Tanto point. Very thick. I have one of those benchmade automatic knives also. Great knives, just can’t carry it day to day in the civilian world.

Looked it up, that’s a sweet blade. Always been a fan of the Tanto Points.[/quote]

LOL the guy who wrote First Blood (David Morrell) actually used the knife as a major feature of this book The Protector

link - A personal interview/knife review: Emerson CQC-7 / HD-7

Makes me want to go out & get the HD-7 or the Super CQC7…

[quote]jaybvee wrote:
BradTGIF wrote:
hedo wrote:
I carry a benchmade CQC7. It’s a copy of the Emerson. Tanto point. Very thick. I have one of those benchmade automatic knives also. Great knives, just can’t carry it day to day in the civilian world.

LOL the guy who wrote First Blood (David Morrell) actually used the knife as a major feature of this book The Protector

[/quote]

I’ll tell you what I like about it. It’s a thick blade and very strong. The point is well supported by a lot of metal. It won’t break off very easily if you use a thrust strike. Day to day the blade is useful for prying etc. Easy to keep sharp too.

A few years ago I was cutting a piece of wire that was holding something in a box. The serrated section will cut wire easily. A little too easily in this case. I put the serrated edge into my other hand, outside of index finger. Bitch went right in almost to the bone. Never bled so much. I wrapped it up and a buddy drove me to the ER. Serrated edges make a nasty wound to stitch let me tell you.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
toughcasey wrote:
kershaw BLACKOUT ken onion design, assisted opening

had it for years, love it!!

How much did that cost you?

I hear great things about Kershaw.[/quote]

it was like 35 at a gun show a few years back, i have seen them recently for around 70 though. not sure whats up with that

Right now I am using my Kershaw Tanto Blur. I love it!

CRKT First Strike.

Demo Dick

[quote]toughcasey wrote:
kershaw BLACKOUT ken onion design, assisted opening

had it for years, love it!![/quote]

I haven’t had much experience with other knives but my friend’s Kershaw is AWESOME. Same model as this but not the black Ken Onion. Same blade and handle and steel, though.

Guys,

What’s the strongest steel that is used for knives? I’m not talking about anything only unique to military or some niche fucking uses. I know there’s 440 and 154 but I could’ve swear there were a few others…

[quote]Mister T. wrote:
jaybvee wrote:
BradTGIF wrote:
hedo wrote:

Is the Benchmade CQC-7 or HD-7 still being made? I looked on Benchmade’s website and couldn’t find the damn thing.[/quote]

I haven’t seen them new in years. I don’t think they make it any longer.

I like my SOG Multi-tool… all investment cast stainless so I can ignore it, easy to replace parts, and I know the foundry that casts all the parts of it… I bought a polished one years 8 years ago that my dad now has since I got the black oxide one… Thing I like most about it is the pliars are gear driven so they are actually synchronized, makes getting tight bolts off a lot easier…