[quote]Brett620 wrote:

[quote]Bismark wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:
Mr. Obama just referred to this as workplace violence. [/quote]

Source?[/quote]

Sorry, humor. I will be watching his choice of words though. [/quote]

In Washington, President Obama denounced the “horrific” shooting and said U.S. officials were ready to provide any assistance to help “bring these terrorists to justice.”

[/quote]

Terrorists not Radical Islamist Terrorists. Important point.
[/quote]

So the absence of those adjectives somehow constitutes a failure? [/quote]

Yes, it constitutes a LIE by omission. These are MUSLIM terrorists. They are killing people in retaliation for an insult to MOHAMMED. Sugar coating it by leaving out that language is disingenuous at best, deliberately deceptive at worst. And when it comes to Barrack HUSSEIN Obama (peace be upon him) I always assume the worst.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
2 Billion muslims worldwide…5-10% crazy…math?[/quote]

Oh it’s more than that.

http://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/2014/09/16/the-myth-of-the-tiny-radical-muslim-minority/

[/quote]

Unreal…thats crazy^^

I love how people point out the Westboro baptists and the crusades as examples of other religions doing nasty shit.

The WBC has 40 members and the spanish inquisition was long ago. Only one religion is doing unspeakable things in this century.

But hey, nothing wrong with circumcising little girls and killing women for not wearing a sheet…right?

Yea, Christians and Catholics have bad pasts…but only one group is still rocking that beat.

/Allahu Akbar

[quote]Brett620 wrote:

[quote]Bismark wrote:

[quote]Brett620 wrote:

[quote]Bismark wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

Source?[/quote]

In Washington, President Obama denounced the “horrific” shooting and said U.S. officials were ready to provide any assistance to help “bring these terrorists to justice.”

[/quote]

[/quote]

No sir. It constitutes a worldview.
[/quote]

Could it not be public diplomacy? In your opinion, what is Obama’s Weltanschauung?

Someone please correct me if i’m wrong, but jews, christians, and muslims all believe in the same monotheistic god, correct?

[quote]Aggv wrote:
Someone please correct me if i’m wrong, but jews, christians, and muslims all believe in the same monotheistic god, correct? [/quote]

Basically. Though, jews and muslims may contend that christians aren’t monotheistic.

Yes, it constitutes a LIE by omission. [/quote]

Lol, I’m just poking fun at you Angry, but I can’t believe you just wrote that…

As far as the thread goes, fuck these people.

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]Bismark wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:
Mr. Obama just referred to this as workplace violence.

I will bet a great swath in Paris support this. Paris has turned into a multiculturalism shithole.

Australia, Canda, France… “Muslims Acting Badly”, coming to a theater near you. [/quote]
Well, Europeans are racist as hell. So, I expect the citizens to act out and burn down a few mosques over this. [/quote]

Good. Give them a taste of their own medicine. The “moderate” muslims are just as guilty as the crazy ones. They KNOW who the crazy ones are. But they turn a blind eye to the craziness. Next thing you know, people are getting killed.

We need to have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy towards radical RELIGION (christians blowing up abortion clinics are JUST as fucked up as muslims blowing shit up).

RELIGION is not a reason to KILL people. We need to move towards a more secular society and place significant restrictions on religion. [/quote]

I’ve been thinking this way recently but more specifically toward Islam (surprise). Since more than three quarters of the world is not Muslim we should all demand that parts of the Koran be changed, outlawed and of course no longer taught.

I really think the only way to stop terrorism though is if we had a real asshole of a POTUS who would politely explain to the Islam world that if there is another organized terrorist attack anywhere in the world X city would disappear from the map. The city could rotate. One month we could announce the nukes are aimed at Tehran, the next month it could be Kabul. A nice little monthly announcement like “People of Islam, this month the citizens of Istanbul are counting on you to put an end to terrorism”. Make all of Islam our unwilling allies in the fight against terror.

Sigh… one can fantasize, right?[/quote]

About mass murder? Why not?[/quote]

If six guys stormed into your house with bad intentions and you had a gun, would you not kill them because that would be mass murder? You are only one so it would be better to let the six live instead of you?

You will say all the people of Kabul are innocent and an isolated incident by extremist doesn’t justify wiping out a whole city. Normally I agree but their religion teaches that we all have to die so as far as I’m concerned we are at war. Their religion is a declaration of war on us.

We are the world power and we are playing Mr. Nice Guy. What’s going to happen when we are no longer the world power? Do you think China is going to stand up for us? No, Those Muslim whack jobs will exterminate our asses as soon as they gain the upper hand. Before that happens they will succeed in slipping a nuke (or three or four) into US cities and blowing them the fuck up.

Within 100 years a nuclear devise will be detonated in a US city.

I teach my sons that if they ever get into a fight (neither ever has) I expect them to throw the first punch because that’s the smart thing to do. This is no different.[/quote]

Your proposed strategy of threatened genocide would turn the clash of civilizations into an outright war. It isn’t geopolitical hardball, it isn’t Realpolitik; it’s simply untenable. Such an approach would precipitate a forth world war in which exponentially more blood and treasure would be spent then in current anti and counter terrorism efforts.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:
Someone please correct me if i’m wrong, but jews, christians, and muslims all believe in the same monotheistic god, correct? [/quote]

Basically. Though, jews and muslims may contend that christians aren’t monotheistic.[/quote]

So is this not like having 3 friends, saying let’s meet up at X destination, but you dont take the same road i take, ill kill you; even though we’re going to same place?

It just makes no sense to me in the 21st century people still do this.

Even if every infidel was killed, they will still kill each other over the sunni vs. shiite bullshit.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

Basically. Though, jews and muslims may contend that christians aren’t monotheistic.[/quote]

So is this not like having 3 friends, saying let’s meet up at X destination, but you dont take the same road i take, ill kill you; even though we’re going to same place?

Even if every infidel was killed, they will still kill each other over the sunni vs. shiite bullshit. [/quote]

Not really the different roads the the same destination. Many of the teachings are mutually exclusive to the teaching of the others. They all claim to go to the same place, but they lead in different directions.

Even the definition of infidel has changed greatly. Earlier in Islam, Christians and Jews weren’t infidels. Now even Shiites and Sunnis consider each other infidels.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
Even if every infidel was killed, they will still kill each other over the sunni vs. shiite bullshit. [/quote]

How many different “because” reasons have been invented to “justify” killing other people? Race, religion, nationalism, etc.; “we just don’t like you because you’re different.”

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Now even Shiites and Sunnis consider each other infidels.[/quote]

lose lose for humanity

[quote]Aggv wrote:

This is what it comes down to. It’s just a hateful culture.

[quote]on edge wrote:
Don’t they have radios? Citizens don’t have an emergency number to call?

Any American cop is likely just to have a pistol, that makes sense to me, but in any american city something like this will be met with a swift, heavily armed response. Most likely the French are just lame, they prove this all the time, but the lack of response does get my conspiracy juices flowing.[/quote]

Paris metropolitan area is home to over 10 million people. I guess the initial 112 calls (that’s 911 in Europe) from the public were along the lines shots/loud bangs heard. That’s why it seems the first policemen on the scene were patrol cars and motorbikes that got into a firefight with the murderers.

Even in the US of A there were significant civilian casualties in mass shootings, despite a strong local police presence. Look at Boston, for example - even a city wide shutdown and thousands of armed police deployed, it took them a while to track the bombers.

Unfortunately, these are the realities of urban security.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

Christianity is definitely not monotheistic.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

Not really the different roads the the same destination. Many of the teachings are mutually exclusive to the teaching of the others. They all claim to go to the same place, but they lead in different directions.

Even the definition of infidel has changed greatly. Earlier in Islam, Christians and Jews weren’t infidels. Now even Shiites and Sunnis consider each other infidels.[/quote]

Not infidels but rather heretics. They make a clear distinction. But the sectarian divide between Shia and Sunni runs deep. The Ottoman sultan Selim the Grim proclaimed that “the killing of one Shiite had as much otherworldly reward as killing 70 Christians.” From the late Middle Ages when the Ottoman Empire began to go from offensive to defensive a new vanguard, behind enemy lines form of jihad was taught. The Ottomans attempted to wield power via Islamic decree and appeal to Islamic authority as they did in the Russo-Turkic Wars and The First World War. Baghdadi is of course a Mahdist and so proclaims himself to be the literal heir of the Muslim world and direct genetic descent to the Qurayshi tribe and Muhammad himself. Someone pointed out the irony of this radical anti-modernist wearing a multi-thousand dollar designer wrist watch in his sermons. He’s just a tinpot Mahdist with control of a loosely affiliated mob of local Sunni tribes with a few foreign fighters who, bar the Chechyans are not well trained fighters. From what I’ve seen ISIS are pretty amateurish in terms of their tactics. They just fill power vacuums; scare off a few local police and army from an area, shoot the place up and kill a bunch of people. Then move on if need be if a counterstrike/missile strikes get too heavy. They’d never take Baghdad and the Shia areas of South and Central Iraq. We can push back on them if we arm the Kurds and support their autonomy efforts; use them as a threat to get Turkish compliance and to crack down on crazy Sunni cults throughout Anbar province. They’re definitely state sponsored on a big level of course - Qatar, Turkey, SA, UAE, Kuwait, - they’re all channeling the insurgency in some way or another. As I said previously, the civil war didn’t get state sponsorship until after Bashar al Assad turned down an oil pipeline deal with Qatar, Turkey and the EU. The Islamo-Fundies are being used as pawns in a geostrategic maneuver to secure energy reserves in the coming decades. I’ll post a bit a out oil and geostrategy in the other thread when I have some time.

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

This is what it comes down to. It’s just a hateful culture.[/quote]

Radical Islam constitutes not only a culture, but a homogeneous one? I suppose that’s one way to justify your strategy of threatened genocide.

[quote]Bismark wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

This is what it comes down to. It’s just a hateful culture.[/quote]

Radical Islam constitutes not only a culture, but a homogeneous one? I suppose that’s one way to justify your strategy of threatened genocide.[/quote]

To be fair these folks run countries that cut off womens neither parts and will stone them to death for not wearing their sheet.

Just saying.

[quote]Bismark wrote:

[quote]Brett620 wrote:

[quote]Bismark wrote:

[quote]Brett620 wrote:

[quote]Bismark wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

Source?[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No sir. It constitutes a worldview.
[/quote]

Could it not be public diplomacy? In your opinion, what is Obama’s Weltanschauung?[/quote]

I think it’s fair to say that the President’s risk-adverse posture prohibts him from calling evil by it’s true name: Radical Islam. It may go deeper than that also. He’s very thin-skinned and hates confrontation. He prefers to fight from afar (think drones). He’s not the roll-up-your-sleeves type. That is why he despises our shirtless Russian friend. Further, the President firmly believes the U.S. and many of the West are the problem, that they oppose and inflame these poor dissidents who inturn are forced to acts of rebellion. We should share the blame.

How do you see Mr. Obama’s worldview Bismark?

[quote]loppar wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:
Don’t they have radios? Citizens don’t have an emergency number to call?

Any American cop is likely just to have a pistol, that makes sense to me, but in any american city something like this will be met with a swift, heavily armed response. Most likely the French are just lame, they prove this all the time, but the lack of response does get my conspiracy juices flowing.[/quote]

Paris metropolitan area is home to over 10 million people. I guess the initial 112 calls (that’s 911 in Europe) from the public were along the lines shots/loud bangs heard. That’s why it seems the first policemen on the scene were patrol cars and motorbikes that got into a firefight with the murderers.

Even in the US of A there were significant civilian casualties in mass shootings, despite a strong local police presence. Look at Boston, for example - even a city wide shutdown and thousands of armed police deployed, it took them a while to track the bombers.

Unfortunately, these are the realities of urban security. [/quote]

The Boston bombers discretely left backpacks lying around. We were lucky to catch those two. There’s no comparison. These guys in Paris were running around in black pajamas with assault riffles and everyone saw the car they were driving and they drove off in broad daylight. How long did their assault last? I don’t know but I’d guess at least 10 minutes.

In the US, cops arrive within minutes if bullets start flying. Sure we often have civilian victims but the perpetrators never just drive off in broad daylight after a sustained attack. Short attacks like that disgruntled cop down in southern california a few years ago is a different story.