The Killing Joke

During a press conference of the French satirical weekly “Charlie Hebdo”, islamists burst in and gun down at least twelve people.

Witnesses claim to have heard the assassins shout out “revenge for the prophet!”, turning this without a doubt into the worst display of humourlessness of all times as the magazine did a cartoon years ago with the holy man on it’s cover.

A panicked Republic declares the highest threat level.

I see an element of surrealism to it. Asymmetric warfare; massacres of civilians over cartoons and offence caused by cartoons. When these poor, hapless people drew a few pictures it led to the deaths of over a dozen people because of these maniacs.

Might be about time to post armed guards outside of publications.

I mean, how do you even respond to this type of organisation?

Mr. Obama just referred to this as workplace violence.

I will bet a great swath in Paris support this. Paris has turned into a multiculturalism shithole.

Australia, Canda, France… “Muslims Acting Badly”, coming to a theater near you.

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:
Mr. Obama just referred to this as workplace violence. [/quote]

Source?

But they are PEACE LOVING! Why do you guys keep lumping them all together? ISLAM is a religion of PEACE!

/sarcasm

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

Source?[/quote]

Sorry, humor. I will be watching his choice of words though.

This could not have happened in France, you must be mistaken. Guns are illegal in France.

[quote]Alrightmiami19c wrote:
This could not have happened in France, you must be mistaken. Guns are illegal in France.[/quote]

LOL!

No kidding

We should reprint the cartoons on every American newspaper.

But we won’t.

There goes Freedom of the Press.

This is why we shouldn’t take terrorism seriously. I mean, it’s just a few people. Let’s continue to be soft on these people and assume they are peace loving and mean no harm.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
But they are PEACE LOVING! Why do you guys keep lumping them all together? ISLAM is a religion of PEACE!

/sarcasm[/quote]

Yeah, this is why Newsweek will do an issue bashing Christianity but continue to defend Islam and muslims. Christians won’t kill them, Muslims will.

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:
We should reprint the cartoons on every American newspaper.

But we won’t.

There goes Freedom of the Press. [/quote]

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

I will bet a great swath in Paris support this. Paris has turned into a multiculturalism shithole.

Australia, Canda, France… “Muslims Acting Badly”, coming to a theater near you. [/quote]
Well, Europeans are racist as hell. So, I expect the citizens to act out and burn down a few mosques over this.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
During a press conference of the French satirical weekly “Charlie Hebdo”, islamists burst in and gun down at least twelve people.

Witnesses claim to have heard the assassins shout out “revenge for the prophet!”, turning this without a doubt into the worst display of humourlessness of all times as the magazine did a cartoon years ago with the holy man on it’s cover.

A panicked Republic declares the highest threat level.
[/quote]
This will be declared an isolated instance of a few crazies acting alone…Bet on it.

Am I the only one who is suspicious of how these guys could take the amount of time they took to carry this out and still make a clean escape? I don’t know how long this took but it took long enough for at least four separate video recordings and yet only one (sacrificial) cop shows up. Are French cops really that slow to respond or is something much more sinister going on here?

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

Australia, Canda, France… “Muslims Acting Badly”, coming to a theater near you. [/quote]
Well, Europeans are racist as hell. So, I expect the citizens to act out and burn down a few mosques over this. [/quote]

Good. Give them a taste of their own medicine. The “moderate” muslims are just as guilty as the crazy ones. They KNOW who the crazy ones are. But they turn a blind eye to the craziness. Next thing you know, people are getting killed.

We need to have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy towards radical RELIGION (christians blowing up abortion clinics are JUST as fucked up as muslims blowing shit up).

RELIGION is not a reason to KILL people. We need to move towards a more secular society and place significant restrictions on religion.

[quote]on edge wrote:
Am I the only one who is suspicious of how these guys could take the amount of time they took to carry this out and still make a clean escape? I don’t know how long this took but it took long enough for at least four separate video recordings and yet only one (sacrificial) cop shows up. Are French cops really that slow to respond or is something much more sinister going on here?[/quote]

While the National Gendarmerie in France are in general heavily armored (assault rifles, bulletproof vests), they are usually concentrated in immigrant suburbs (banlieues) due to high levels of violent crime. Small detachments (patrols of two to three guys) are usually placed around government buildings.

The massacre occurred in broad daylight in the heart of Paris, and it seems no one expected that. I’m not sure if the slain officers were part of a token squad car in front of Charlie Hebdo offices or regular metro/traffic police that only carry sidearms.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

Well, Europeans are racist as hell. So, I expect the citizens to act out and burn down a few mosques over this. [/quote]

Good. Give them a taste of their own medicine. The “moderate” muslims are just as guilty as the crazy ones. They KNOW who the crazy ones are. But they turn a blind eye to the craziness. Next thing you know, people are getting killed.

We need to have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy towards radical RELIGION (christians blowing up abortion clinics are JUST as fucked up as muslims blowing shit up).

RELIGION is not a reason to KILL people. We need to move towards a more secular society and place significant restrictions on religion. [/quote]

I’ve been thinking this way recently but more specifically toward Islam (surprise). Since more than three quarters of the world is not Muslim we should all demand that parts of the Koran be changed, outlawed and of course no longer taught.

I really think the only way to stop terrorism though is if we had a real asshole of a POTUS who would politely explain to the Islam world that if there is another organized terrorist attack anywhere in the world X city would disappear from the map. The city could rotate. One month we could announce the nukes are aimed at Tehran, the next month it could be Kabul. A nice little monthly announcement like “People of Islam, this month the citizens of Istanbul are counting on you to put an end to terrorism”. Make all of Islam our unwilling allies in the fight against terror.

Sigh… one can fantasize, right?

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

Source?[/quote]

Sorry, humor. I will be watching his choice of words though. [/quote]

In Washington, President Obama denounced the “horrific” shooting and said U.S. officials were ready to provide any assistance to help “bring these terrorists to justice.”