The Key to Muscle Growth

The key to muscle growth are not squats, deadlift, press, etc…
The key are those excercises that make you feel working the desired muscles.
Example: Squats, I did them and I feel them on my quads. My objective, quads. Nuf said.
Example 2: Squats, I did them and I feel them on my lower back. My objective, quads. Bye bye.

Eventough your legs are “suppose” to grow with squats, if you get your lower back aniquilated, then stop doing them.

The bench press is another example, some people feel the triceps, shoulders, but no chest. So what to do? Try movements were tris and shoulders get off the equation, for example flys.

Hey if you feel your pecs on bench press, then keep doing them!

Look for those exercises that make YOU feel the desired muscles working.

So unfortunately, you got to figure it out by yourself…

You are totally right. I do not squat and it is my little secret. If i say it many think i am lazy and the explanation is just a waste of my time. If i was lazy i could squat with light weights. Like my right shoulder needs time off so i deal with my body and my objectives.

you are right, but that isn’t the key to muscle growth. Nutrition, training and hormones

[quote]myself1992 wrote:
you are right, but that isn’t the key to muscle growth. Nutrition, training and hormones[/quote]
Well you’ve got the message

Also some advice It works for me in some muscle groups.
Im good at recruiting lats, legs, traps and arms(these are easy), and I suck at chest and shoulders.

For me:

Lats->The key for lats exercises, is to to take a big streeeeeeeeeeeeeetch, and then keep tension for a couple of seconds on the contracted portions.(This kills my lats!), the stretch its the most important here…

Traps-> Specifically on shrugs, dont just shrug the way up and down, maintain your traps contracted really hard for a few seconds on the top.

quads-> With legs the best results ive got are heavy weights and high reps, I think they respond very well for TUT, but also heavy weights, If 20 reps squats its not an option for you, then do some heavy leg pressing for high reps, with less danger when going to an extremly intensity(high reps, heavy weight)

hams-> As lats, feeeeeeel the streeeeeeeeeeeeeetch!!!

This are my tips for those muscle groups, feel free to add your own advices!

[quote]Matias A. wrote:
Im good at recruiting lats, legs, traps and arms(these are easy), and I suck at chest and shoulders.

For me:

Lats->The key for lats exercises, is to to take a big streeeeeeeeeeeeeetch, and then keep tension for a couple of seconds on the contracted portions.(This kills my lats!), the stretch its the most important here…

Traps-> Specifically on shrugs, dont just shrug the way up and down, maintain your traps contracted really hard for a few seconds on the top.

quads-> With legs the best results ive got are heavy weights and high reps, I think they respond very well for TUT, but also heavy weights, If 20 reps squats its not an option for you, then do some heavy leg pressing for high reps, with less danger when going to an extremly intensity(high reps, heavy weight)

[/quote]

This is all correct except i would argue the hams are like biceps so while the stretch is important its much more so the peak contraction

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]Matias A. wrote:

For me:

[/quote]

This is all correct except i would argue the hams are like biceps so while the stretch is important its much more so the peak contraction
[/quote]

x2 unless you’re doing stiff-leg deads; then the stretch works.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]Matias A. wrote:

For me:

[/quote]

[/quote]

x2 unless you’re doing stiff-leg deads; then the stretch works.[/quote]

YEAH actually I meant specifically romanian deadlifts and variations, for leg curls its as you say the peak contraction

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]Matias A. wrote:

For me:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would imagine this is why JM focuses on burn-repping in the top range of the rep?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]Matias A. wrote:

For me:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would imagine this is why JM focuses on burn-repping in the top range of the rep?[/quote]
For hamstring curls? I thought he did his partials out of the bottom

[quote]myself1992 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]Matias A. wrote:

For me:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would imagine this is why JM focuses on burn-repping in the top range of the rep?[/quote]
[/quote]

Well, that’s what I meant. I considered a straight leg to be at the “top”… as in starting a rep. (Not to mention I only have a seated leg curl in my home gym).

:wink:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]myself1992 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]Matias A. wrote:

For me:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, that’s what I meant. I considered a straight leg to be at the “top”… as in starting a rep. (Not to mention I only have a seated leg curl in my home gym).

:wink:

[/quote]
lol yeah that makes sense… It’d be pretty difficult to rep out partials at the contracted position of a leg curl lol

[quote]Matias A. wrote:
The key to muscle growth are not squats, deadlift, press, etc…
The key are those excercises that make you feel working the desired muscles.
Example: Squats, I did them and I feel them on my quads. My objective, quads. Nuf said.
Example 2: Squats, I did them and I feel them on my lower back. My objective, quads. Bye bye.

Eventough your legs are “suppose” to grow with squats, if you get your lower back aniquilated, then stop doing them.

The bench press is another example, some people feel the triceps, shoulders, but no chest. So what to do? Try movements were tris and shoulders get off the equation, for example flys.

Hey if you feel your pecs on bench press, then keep doing them!

Look for those exercises that make YOU feel the desired muscles working.

So unfortunately, you got to figure it out by yourself…[/quote]

Hey bro i wouldn’t give up on those good compound exercises so fast. Try pre-exhausting the target muscle first before hitting those heavy compounds. ex: fatigue your quads on leg extensions and then hit squats. You’d definitely feel the quads work harder. Or flys before chest to make it work harder. I feel its worth trying before throwing it out the window but hey to each his own right? But I do agree with you on figuring it on for ya self too

Stay swole =]

training intensity of course. diet and sleep are even more important.