The Kettlebell Swing

I was taught the squat style in Scotland long before the “Hardstyle” came out, the hardstyle swing reminds me of “pull throughs” using a cable. I was also taught to actively push the the bell down on the down swing as it increased the intesity of the exercise. But in those days we only had 16’s 24’s and 32’s. I now use both styles and alternate whilst doing my swings. Go with what works best for you and what you want to achieve. cheers Spud

[quote]RussaldoStrong wrote:
You gotta be careful with the words you use. Saying something should be done a certain way and “not” another is dangerous language. [/quote]

Really? More dangerous than letting a person get injured by doing bad swings. I hope by now you have managed to read Stu McGill’s peer reviewed study. The hardstyle swing is definitely the safest and most effective way to swing based on the biomechanics of the movement itself. At first I wasn’t sold on the RKC standard but after training under a certified RKC instructor for a period and analysing the movements (I’m a biomechanist by trade), I see no other swings being positively superior.

People can argue all they like but until they have prove about what’s good or bad (thanks Stu McGill), it’s all a matter of opinion and not fact. Thus, Pat has every right to make absolute statements. And also, Dan John has got it spot on!