The Iron Manlet

Hello everyone. First post/log on here; had a few people tell me this was a good forum, so I figured I’d check it out.

Some background:

Name’s Daniel; I’m 18 years old, been training for a little over a year now. Started at 5’6",130lbs and I’m now at 5’6" ~145lbs. My goals are to increase strength and size, but mostly overall strength. As you’ll soon discover, I’m also batshit crazy with my training.

My training program is called Chaos and Pain. It was originally devised by Jaime Lewis on his blog: Chaos and Pain: *ChAoS and PAIN - The Basics

I try to train 5-7 days per week, doing full-body each day. I usually do one Squat, one push, and one pull movement 3-4x per week with light days in between where I’ll work weak points/do active recovery work. Sometimes I’ll have a push/pull day, or a squat and pull day, or something…I go mainly by feel and take days off when I feel like it. I am very dedicated to my training, so be ready for some PRs. Almost everything is a compound movement, and everything is done heavy.

I eat a lot at home and consume as much protein as I can. I don’t have the extra money for supplements, so they’re out of the picture. I eat clean for the most part, but cheat occasionally.

Right now I am sitting on a 355 Squat, 225 Bench Press, and 475 Deadlift. I also keep records of other lifts such as my OHP and Front Squat because I’m interested in overall strength; not just in a few lifts.

So that’s pretty much it. Going to be doing some Squats tonight, so that will be my first log post. Thanks for following along!

Squat:
135x1
185x1
225x1
275x1
295x1
315x1
335x 10 singles

Too tired from yesterday’s squats/shrugs to do more. Clean-and-Press tomorrow.

Clean-and-Press:
95x1
115x1
135x1
155x1
175x5x0

Attempting a 10lb PR…oh well…

135x5
150x 5 sets of 2
155x 5 singles

Pull-Ups:
BWx19
BWx13
BWx10

[quote]IronManlet wrote:
Hello everyone. First post/log on here; had a few people tell me this was a good forum, so I figured I’d check it out.

Some background:

Name’s Daniel; I’m 18 years old, been training for a little over a year now. Started at 5’6",130lbs and I’m now at 5’6" ~145lbs. My goals are to increase strength and size, but mostly overall strength. As you’ll soon discover, I’m also batshit crazy with my training.

My training program is called Chaos and Pain. It was originally devised by Jaime Lewis on his blog: Chaos and Pain: *ChAoS and PAIN - The Basics

I try to train 5-7 days per week, doing full-body each day. I usually do one Squat, one push, and one pull movement 3-4x per week with light days in between where I’ll work weak points/do active recovery work. Sometimes I’ll have a push/pull day, or a squat and pull day, or something…I go mainly by feel and take days off when I feel like it. I am very dedicated to my training, so be ready for some PRs. Almost everything is a compound movement, and everything is done heavy.

I eat a lot at home and consume as much protein as I can. I don’t have the extra money for supplements, so they’re out of the picture. I eat clean for the most part, but cheat occasionally.

Right now I am sitting on a 355 Squat, 225 Bench Press, and 475 Deadlift. I also keep records of other lifts such as my OHP and Front Squat because I’m interested in overall strength; not just in a few lifts.

So that’s pretty much it. Going to be doing some Squats tonight, so that will be my first log post. Thanks for following along!
[/quote]

No way someone your size is moving that kinda weight. Just don’t believe it.