The Instrumental Music Thread

[quote]Most Major wrote:
I simply can’t offer just one, sorry.

1. My all-time favorite instrumental rock is Hella…4) Don Caballero and/or Explosions in the Sky for more instrumental rock…[/quote]

Oh man, that is right up my street. Tortoise (still remember seeing their first ever London gig), Slint, Aerial M, yeah Don Cab and from the Scottish scene some Arab Strap, Ganger and Mogwai too.

Two of my favorites:

“The Last Signal” by Of Sinking Ships
http://www.isound.com/of_sinking_ships/

“Wedding Song No.3” by Papa M
http://ghostflower.tistory.com/tag/david%20pajo

The Call of Ktulu from the S&M album.

Do us all a favor and debate Zappa in another thread, please.

Instrumental funk:
The Poets of Rhytm
http://www.myspace.com/thepoetsofrhythm

The New Mastersounds

Also, the Dap Kings.

But most of their stuff is with vocalists, (Sharon Jones, Amy Winehouse, etc.)

Plus I love Metallica’s old instrumental tracks, particularly this one, even though it does have some lyrics.

Fugazi’s instrumentals are awesome too

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
jasmincar wrote:
edgeofobscurity wrote:
SteelyD wrote:
jasmincar wrote:

Vai, who Zappa called his “little Italian virtuoso” is on 10 Zappa discs, not including live and collection discs. I do agree though that Satriani and Malmsteen have nothing to do with Zappa.

what do you disagree with? Vai as been touring with zappa for a relatively short period of time. more like 4-5 disc with him (excluding the ‘‘you cant do that on stage anymore’’ kind of cd which is just stuff that he puts that wasnt released before). The most mindblowing thing is that after 130+ albums there is still lots of music that we never heard of stored in ‘‘the vault’’. It’s just that crazy.

10 albums? pfft. There is much more to Frank Zappa than just when he was with Vai. I think Vai gets too much credits. He didnt do much, really

[quote]Most Major wrote:

Instrumental funk:
The Poets of Rhytm
http://www.myspace.com/thepoetsofrhythm

The New Mastersounds

Also, the Dap Kings.

But most of their stuff is with vocalists, (Sharon Jones, Amy Winehouse, etc.)

Plus I love Metallica’s old instrumental tracks, particularly this one, even though it does have some lyrics.

Fugazi’s instrumentals are awesome too

[/quote]
yeah lets get this thread back on track

[quote]Most Major wrote:
[/quote]

Who asked ya?

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
Most Major wrote:

Who asked ya?[/quote]

this is classical zappathy. I have found out that most people dont get FZ because it is really not accessible until you really want it and that it is just so huge that you cant point out anything.It is a universe. So in the mind of most people ‘‘he is just a weirdo that does fusion music that I dont like even if I havent listened tor know the name any song’’. When you get into his stuff you realise how awesome this guy is

lets get this thread back on track

Pat Metheny- Letter From home

this is gonna make you cry. and besides it is the only song that I choose to remember on my guitar.

ps: lets try to post only 1 link cause If you start to clusterfuck links no one is gonna go see them. Also try to add a little comment like I did on why did you choose this piece and this could become a nice little thread

[quote]Neospartan wrote:
PimpBot5000 wrote:
jasmincar wrote:

Journey to Silius

[/quote]

this is was really cool

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
Most Major wrote:

yeah lets get this thread back on track
[/quote]

x2

Oaisis- Fucking in the Bushes

–it has no vocals, only a few bad quality recorded voices of Brits as part of the music.
–This is the sond from the movie Snatch.

Lacuna Coil - Un Fantasma Tra Noi

—most of their stuff has crappy vocals. It is a goth band. But this one intrumental is good.

Iced Earth:

-metal instrumental, real good stuff.

[quote]jasmincar wrote:

ps: lets try to post only 1 link cause If you start to clusterfuck links no one is gonna go see them. …[/quote]

woops… my bad

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
Most Major wrote:

Who asked ya?[/quote]

Nobody asked, but I assume I fit in with the Zappa heads by offering my unsolicited opinion, of which I hold in the highest of esteem.

I just came across this group on one of my Pandora stations.
The Advantage

this group is awesome because it appears they only play 8-bit game tracks, and this track is awesome because Bubble Bobble used to me one of my favorite NES games.

One of my all time favorite solo instrumentals.

Jaco Pastorious - Portrait of Tracy

Scale the Summit

A little Dream Theaterish…

[quote]Most Major wrote:
Testy1 wrote:
Most Major wrote:

Who asked ya?

Nobody asked, but I assume I fit in with the Zappa heads by offering my unsolicited opinion, of which I hold in the highest of esteem.

I just came across this group on one of my Pandora stations.
The Advantage

this group is awesome because it appears they only play 8-bit game tracks, and this track is awesome because Bubble Bobble used to me one of my favorite NES games.[/quote]

now that is cool band!
they played the Contra final boss music

Jesse Cook

Zakk Wylde

Some dude on the interwebz

Satriani

Joe again

I remember the first time i heard this, i think it’s pretty awesome and stirs lots of emotion.

[quote]joeymac wrote:
Ratatat

Ratatat - Loud Pipes - YouTube [/quote]

They’re great.

Stevie Ray Vaughan- Little Wing

[quote]Most Major wrote:
One of my all time favorite solo instrumentals.

Jaco Pastorious - Portrait of Tracy
- YouTube [/quote]

you got good taste. I was about to post continuum put now…

This one always gets me.

Anything by 40 below summer, kickass band. 40 Below Summer - Rope - YouTube