The Instant Fix Everything Diet

OK, the subject line is a bit misleading. However, I have been around enought to try them all: ABCDE diet, anaobolic diet, Warrior’s diet, Protein Cycling, Carb Cycling, etc. If you have lifted for any appreciable amount of time, you have seen them (and probably tried them) all.

What I would like to hear is what are peoples experiences with various macro nutrient cylcing programs, for both mass gain and fat loss? What worked and what did not?

And, for brainy types with lots of knowledge, can you shed some light on what are the hormonal impacts of macronutrient cylcing?

Adequate protein, efas. Then just get the rest of your calories from whatever you like within your requirement. Meaning, for fat loss, eat at a deficeit, for gains, eat at a surplus.

And I’m not a brainy type, but unless you’re at an extreme (morbidly obese or sub 5% bf), hormonal responses to macro cycling amounts to all of nothing. It tends to be a matter of compliance. As long as you meet those three prerequisites (protein, efas, caloric limit), then whatever voodoo that helps you stick to it is the best.

[quote]Bronx Bomber wrote:
Adequate protein, efas. Then just get the rest of your calories from whatever you like within your requirement. Meaning, for fat loss, eat at a deficeit, for gains, eat at a surplus.

And I’m not a brainy type, but unless you’re at an extreme (morbidly obese or sub 5% bf), hormonal responses to macro cycling amounts to all of nothing. It tends to be a matter of compliance. As long as you meet those three prerequisites (protein, efas, caloric limit), then whatever voodoo that helps you stick to it is the best.[/quote]

Sorry but what’s “efas”?

EFA’s= Essential Fatty Acids