The Insecure Guy

Have you never noticed the insecure guy in the gym.It"s the guy who voluntarily walks over to tell you how long it’s been since he’s lifted weights or always brings up how he can fight.

[quote]unforgiven2 wrote:
Have you never noticed the insecure guy in the gym.It"s the guy who voluntarily walks over to tell you how long it’s been since he’s lifted weights or always brings up how he can fight.[/quote]

Nothing new bud. Get a few of these types any place you go.

Think as far back as you can. Always was some kid telling you something like that. “Oh I haven’t played ball in a long time but im really good… bla bla bla”. Its was in the playground too. not only the gym.

The fat guy always wants to bench huge weights and stare right at you. The skinny guy is always lifting his shirt up every 2 minutes, as to check in the mirror that his abs are still there.

Trust me from what I hear, females are even worse with each other and their insecurities.

Yep, they’re everywhere. What really sucks is if you’re a gym newbie on a good program and a bunch of these guys are in a pack. That in turn starts to make the newb insecure. And by “the newb”, I of course meant me awhile ago.

[quote]chrisrodx wrote:

unforgiven2 wrote:
Have you never noticed the insecure guy in the gym.It"s the guy who voluntarily walks over to tell you how long it’s been since he’s lifted weights or always brings up how he can fight.

Think as far back as you can. Always was some kid telling you something like that. “Oh I haven’t played ball in a long time but im really good… bla bla bla”. Its was in the playground too. not only the gym.

The fat guy always wants to bench huge weights and stare right at you. The skinny guy is always lifting his shirt up every 2 minutes, as to check in the mirror that his abs are still there.

Trust me from what I hear, females are even worse with each other and their insecurities. [/quote]

In my old gym, the women had to walk through part of the weight room, to the aerobics room to train their aerobics. Almost all of them would put on full make-up just for the 15 seconds they would walk past us, and then wipe it or sweat it off once they got to the aerobics room. Pretty funny, especially since they also put on the makeup again after sweating so they could look good walking by us again.

And men are the insecure ones ;). At least we don’t have to dress up like it’s Halloween to look good.

I never noticed the women doing that so much at the public gym I go to, could be cause alot of em are cows at my gym, LOL!!! [quote]ill wrote:
chrisrodx wrote:

unforgiven2 wrote:

Trust me from what I hear, females are even worse with each other and their insecurities.

In my old gym, the women had to walk through part of the weight room, to the aerobics room to train their aerobics. Almost all of them would put on full make-up just for the 15 seconds they would walk past us, and then wipe it or sweat it off once they got to the aerobics room. Pretty funny, especially since they also put on the makeup again after sweating so they could look good walking by us again.

And men are the insecure ones ;). At least we don’t have to dress up like it’s Halloween to look good.

[/quote]

Have you never noticed the insecure guy in the gym.It"s the guy who voluntarily walks over to tell you how long it’s been since he’s lifted weights or always brings up how he can fight.[/quote]

That is - literally - about 90% of every gym you go into. This is more pronounced if you lift big weights. The more you lift, the more guys want to prove to you, the more they want you represent their accomplishments to you. The more they bullshit you.

This is why I do my own thing in the gym and ignore everyone I go into my little corners away from the humans and work out

Headphones! learn to use them. Never take them off during your workout. =D

“I can bench 250 on a bad day”

“let’s see it then”

“well, not today, i haven’t lifted in a while”

[quote]superhero#1 wrote:
“I can bench 250 on a bad day”

“let’s see it then”

“well, not today, i haven’t lifted in a while”

[/quote]

It’s usually, “I went heavy yesteray. This is my LIGHT day.”

Than you never see him again. He’s off to play football for 'Bama or compete in Pride.

How bout the guy who knows someone who can lift more than you. E.g. “My cousin Dave would blow you out of the water. He’s benched 500 for reps”. I just say…“Well, good for him.”

[quote]Bigbigsize wrote:
How bout the guy who knows someone who can lift more than you. E.g. “My cousin Dave would blow you out of the water. He’s benched 500 for reps”. I just say…“Well, good for him.”[/quote]
I had a student just the other day do this.
student: “Coach H.,how much you benchin?”
me: “Oh, I don’t know around 405 for a few reps.”
student: “Well, me uncle does 700 for reps.”
me: “Oh, well, he’s pretty strong.”

I had a student just the other day do this.
me: “Oh, I don’t know around 405 for a few reps.”
student: “Well, me uncle does 700 for reps.”
me: “Oh, well, he’s pretty strong.”
[/quote]

You let him off too easy…

you: “Oh, I don’t know around 405 for a few reps.”
student: “Well, my uncle does 700 for reps.”

you: “Yeah, wow, and I care because?”
you: “You were adopted weren’t you?”
you: “So, is your uncle also your father?”

There are also the HS coaches that could bench in the mid 400’s and run 6:00 miles while being a solid 250 in their ‘prime’ or their ‘hayday’.