T Nation

The Incredible Hulk

I just saw the trailer premier on Spike. It looks about 1000 times better than the first one. I still can’t find the full one online though, just the sneak peak.

I have just creamed in my jeans.

I liked the first one, so the new one should be awesome… especially with Ed Norton.

http://www.spike.com/presents/hulk

I CAN’T WAIT!!!

Looks Sweet!!!

The first one was so awful it was kind of interesting. But they got no where to go but up.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
The first one was so awful it was kind of interesting. But they got no where to go but up.[/quote]

The first one was slow and overly artistic, but you have to admit that some of the things Ang Lee did weren’t that bad. The scene cuts that looked like comic book pages was new. He screwed up by focusing way too much on CGI and nowhere near enough on the storyline.

You would think that after Terminator 3 they would have learned that all CGI equals a weaker movie.

This must have been flimed in Toronto. In the background it looks like young street, with the Zanzibar (titty bar) and le chateaux.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:
The first one was so awful it was kind of interesting. But they got no where to go but up.

The first one was slow and overly artistic, but you have to admit that some of the things Ang Lee did weren’t that bad. The scene cuts that looked like comic book pages was new. He screwed up by focusing way too much on CGI and nowhere near enough on the storyline.

You would think that after Terminator 3 they would have learned that all CGI equals a weaker movie.[/quote]

I’d have thought they would have figured it out long before Terminator 3. :wink:

Honestly I think that Norton is a great actor. But I really like Bana as Banner. IMO when they make a sequel they should at least keep the same lead actor (unless they are going in a completely different direction, which they could be since I really couldn’t tell from the trailer that I saw).

Looks sick.

Looks waaaaay better than the first.

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

You would think that after Terminator 3 they would have learned that all CGI equals a weaker movie.

I’d have thought they would have figured it out long before Terminator 3. :wink:

Honestly I think that Norton is a great actor. But I really like Bana as Banner. IMO when they make a sequel they should at least keep the same lead actor (unless they are going in a completely different direction, which they could be since I really couldn’t tell from the trailer that I saw).[/quote]

The trailer looks like it is based off of the video game (which is based closely off of the comic books). A general in the military (I think that was his rank) uses similar gamma radiation to become “The Abomination” after he sees the effect on Banner. The effects are less stable, however, and they duke it out.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Sentoguy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

Honestly I think that Norton is a great actor. But I really like Bana as Banner. IMO when they make a sequel they should at least keep the same lead actor (unless they are going in a completely different direction, which they could be since I really couldn’t tell from the trailer that I saw).

The trailer looks like it is based off of the video game (which is based closely off of the comic books). A general in the military (I think that was his rank) uses similar gamma radiation to become “The Abomination” after he sees the effect on Banner. The effects are less stable, however, and they duke it out.[/quote]

you are correct. in the comics, the abomination was a russian creation in trying to make their “hulk”, but it went wrong. Int his movie they are making the abomination an american soldier.

if you look at the still you can see the incredible detail they put in the hulk. his muscles look as dry and striated as a competitive bodybuilders.

Hulk looks more hardcore in this one. A lot slimmer than the first hulk movie (but in a good way). The old hulk was too soft.

Check this out:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_incredible_hulk/news/1714955/

validation is a beautiful thing…

Awesome.

A lot of good comic book movies this year it looks like, Iron Man, Hulk and Wanted.

[quote]Brazen T wrote:
This must have been flimed in Toronto. In the background it looks like young street, with the Zanzibar (titty bar) and le chateaux.[/quote]

My nephew who lives in Toronto says the same thing. Not sure if the company he works for was part of it or he’s just repeating what he heard.