The Inauguration


On a day described by many to be “historical”, it sure is quiet around here.

Shhhh…Don’t disturb the gay marriage thread with current issues please…

I’m still trying to approximate how long it will take before people on both sides of the Obama deal figure out he’s just another politician in the same mold as the corrupt scum bags that will come before and after him.

But mostly I wish it would be over already so I wouldn’t have to hear about it anymore.

All hail the God-king Obamases I. Let us build a new and glorious State in the image of His greatness.

Who else got the day of work for this?!

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
But mostly I wish it would be over already so I wouldn’t have to hear about it anymore.[/quote]

x2

I like Obama, but the thing I’m most excited about is getting rid of Bush once and for all.

This is a historic day, very cool that I lived to see a black man become President of the U.S.

Welcome Back, Prof!

While I disagree with Obama’s solutions, I certainly hope that he can turn this country around. God be with him!

Now, to solve our problems, we can either (1) shrink gov’t (2) leave it the same (3) grow it even larger.

Which of these three would be best for turning around our economy?

[quote]masonator wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
But mostly I wish it would be over already so I wouldn’t have to hear about it anymore.

x2 [/quote]

Yes, because the first Black president is such a minor issue that we want it to end as quickly as possible.

That’s true, love or hate Obama I think most can agree we’re glad to see Bush go.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
masonator wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
But mostly I wish it would be over already so I wouldn’t have to hear about it anymore.

x2

Yes, because the first Black president is such a minor issue that we want it to end as quickly as possible.[/quote]

That’s the spirit.

Just kidding.

I wish him well.

I don’t think anyone will live up to the expectations of his supporters.

Diane Sawyer on ABC has cum at least twice during the broadcast. I think they may have to replace her during the swearing in portion.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
masonator wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
But mostly I wish it would be over already so I wouldn’t have to hear about it anymore.

x2

Yes, because the first Black president is such a minor issue that we want it to end as quickly as possible.[/quote]

I understand that Obama being black is different than the past and that some people find that important. I don’t. Obviously I’m white, but I truly don’t think it should matter what color our president is. To me, the only thing that matters is policy. I disagree with nearly all of Obama’s policy, and am quite disappointed that some people, completely ignorant of his proposed policies voted for him simply because of his race.

So yes, I am tired of hearing about it because it does nothing but make me LOSE hope for our country, since so many of it’s citizens are sheep.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
masonator wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
But mostly I wish it would be over already so I wouldn’t have to hear about it anymore.

x2

Yes, because the first Black president is such a minor issue that we want it to end as quickly as possible.[/quote]

First off, the fact that it has been such a huge deal is a bad thing, not a good one. If it was being treated the same as every other inauguration, that would be a step forward. I’m not against it getting equal coverage of past presidential inaugurations, I’m against it getting 10 times the coverage. I’m for equal coverage.

Second, the guy I wanted elected didn’t win (not McCain), so yes that makes me bitter a bit from a political standpoint.

Third, I only have rabbit ears, so almost all the channels I have have been covering it for seemingly 23 hours a day.

"Let freedom ring. And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring?when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God’s children?black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics?will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual: “Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!”

I voted for Obama because I considered him the most capable candidate, not because of the color of his skin.

That said, you have to admit it is historically significant having a black president. There was a time in our history when a black man couldn’t even vote, let alone become the most powerful leader in the world, irrespective of his actual qualifications to lead.

I skipped the Obama hype train during the election but I’m pretty excited about this.

And holy shit @ that crowd.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
masonator wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
But mostly I wish it would be over already so I wouldn’t have to hear about it anymore.

x2

Yes, because the first Black president is such a minor issue that we want it to end as quickly as possible.[/quote]

Given his attendance of a black racialist church for 20 years where whites were routinely preached against, forgive my lack of enthusiasm.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Professor X wrote:
masonator wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
But mostly I wish it would be over already so I wouldn’t have to hear about it anymore.

x2

Yes, because the first Black president is such a minor issue that we want it to end as quickly as possible.

First off, the fact that it has been such a huge deal is a bad thing, not a good one. If it was being treated the same as every other inauguration, that would be a step forward. I’m not against it getting equal coverage of past presidential inaugurations, I’m against it getting 10 times the coverage. I’m for equal coverage.

Second, the guy I wanted elected didn’t win (not McCain), so yes that makes me bitter a bit from a political standpoint.

Third, I only have rabbit ears, so almost all the channels I have have been covering it for seemingly 23 hours a day.[/quote]

LOL

“First off” it is a huge deal because despite what the average young to middle aged white male experiences over the course of a life time, racism never died and many thought they would never see someone with more melanin than Bill O’Reilly get elected into office during their life time.

I do find it cute how so many want to leap frog over instances in history like this as if they aren’t extremely significant stepping stones based on their own limited perspective.

I am loving every minute of this. This is history no matter how you look at it.